What's new

The Converter is Empty

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My Nib Creaper stopped laying out the Diamine Macassar I had in it. Going to flush it and set it off to the side for the time being.

Pelikan Souverän M805 Stresemann ran out of Pelikan Edelstein Topaz. Replaced with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

Just emptied and flushed the Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun ink from my Kaigelu 316 (M nib). Probably the most boring, blah ink I've ever used. :001_rolle I dried the pen and returned it to storage.

In its place, I just inked up an English Waterman's 515 (Fine 14K nib) with vintage Waterman's Permanent Blue-Black. I don't know the age of the ink, but the MSRP on the box is 19 cents!

Earlier, I was having trouble with the ink flow on the Waterman's 515. I finally pulled the nib and feed, and ran the feed through the ultrasonic cleaner. It turns out there was a pretty substantial layer of petrified ink in the feed channels. It's writing much better now!

Just took delivery of Mont Blanc Toffee Brown. Flushed the Lamy 2K and inked it up with the Tofee Brown. Really great ink. I'm going to have to investigate other Mont Blanc colors.

I emptied the converter in a Franklin-Christoph #29 with broad italic nib, in what felt like record time (de Atramentis Benjamin Franklin ink). Of course with broad nibs, that's not too surprising.

Pelikan 805 demonstrator ran out of ink yesterday and I refilled it with Pelikan 4001 Brown again. (I am trying to 3017 this bottle so I can move on to other inks I have sitting in the drawer). I must be making progress as I need to tip the bottle onto its side to fill the pen.

Ruckin.

Metropolitan ran out of Diamine Red. I decided to hold off filling it in order to force myself to empty one of the Sheaffer cartridges already loaded in a school pen.

Pulled out the black Catalina 1.1 to write a note & it just wouldn't start. Sure enough, the tank had run dry. Need to flush out the KWZI IG Green 2 for a fill of PR Sherwood Green.

Pelikan Souverän M600 Red Stripe ran out of Diamine Imperial Blue. Replaced with De Atramentis Johann Sebastian Bach.

Montblanc 146 ran out of Iroshizuku Take-Sumi. Replaced with the same. That Take-Sumi is one fine ink and IMHO is a great match with the 146.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Esterbrook J, 9556 w/Blue-Black Quink ran dry today. I'm thinking my Estie-J 2442 will run out soon as well.

Sheaffer Imperial 797 ran dry of Noodler's Five O'Clock Shadow (a B&B exclusive). Flushed, dried, and returned to storage drawer.

$IMG_2711.jpg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My Nussbaum Nicholas ran out of Pelikan Edelstein Garnet and my Lamy Safari ran out of DE Atramentis Plum. Flushing
em both and setting both off to the side for now.

Decided I had too many pens inked up so I flushed, cleaned, and dried these three:
- Platinum 3776 Century, Chartres Blue, Broad Nib
- Lamy 2000, Fine Nib
- Franklin-Christoph Model 03, Medium Stub

In their place, I inked up these two:
- Waterman Taperite Crusader, Fine Nib, Chesterfied Zircon Ink
- Waterman Expert, Medium Nib, Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black

Bottom Line: One fewer pen on my desk. :001_rolle

Top Bottom