What's new

The Converter is Empty

Playing around with the Diplomat today. It doesn't like Pilot Blue-Black, but seems to be fine with Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black and Waterman Serenity Blue (previously named Florida Blue).

Not sure what the difference is between the Pilot and the other two inks are.

Loading up with more Pilot Tsuki-yo (Moonlight) ink as soon as I finish off what I already have loaded in the converter. I think this will be my signature (no pun intended) ink. Absolutely love the color!

Brand new Pelikan M400 White Tortoiseshell was inked of the first time with Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun. I don't think I'll ever put another color in that pen.

Needed to store some pens since I have too many inked:

Airmail 69TJ emptied of Diamine Med Blue.
Edison Beaumont emptied of Pilot Blue-Black.
Sheaffer Crest Snorkel emptied of Sheaffer Blue (I may regret this decision).

Adding:

Diplomat Magnum Soft Touch emptied of Waterman Serenity Blue.
Pilot VP emptied of T-Yo.
TWSBI Mini (EF) filled with Pilot Blue-Black.

Last edited:
My wife asked me to help her with editing an article she's laying out for a client. I realized that I didn't have a pen with a fine point and inked with red ink, so I pulled my Edison Nouveau Encore out of the cabinet and filled it with a sample of Diamine Poppy Red. "Poppy" is appropriate...that ink really pops!

My Pilot Parallel 3.8 mm I use as a highlighter, ran out of Noodler's Hellfire highlight ink. Refilled with the same.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My Pilot Metropolitan ran out of B&B 5 O'clock Shadow, yet again. I'm going to flush it and store it, for now (this will be the first time I have not refilled it since I bought it back in April).

The Metropolitan my wife lifted off me ran out of JFK Blue. Refilled with J. Herbin Violet Pensee.

I hope she's happy!

Just noticed that my Esterbrook Desk Pen (lever-filler) with a 9968 Broad nib was dry. It was filled with Diamine Ancient Copper ink. Probably not the tightest seal so I'm not surprised it ran dry. Flushed and dried pen and returned to the base empty for now.

My Monteverde Invincia ran out of Noodler's 54th Massachusetts. It got a flushed out last night and will probably rest for a little while.

Top Bottom