What's new

The Converter is Empty

I had four inked pens that were down to the last couple of drops (Parker 21, Lamy 2000, Levenger True Writer, and Franklin-Christoph 03), so I emptied them all, flushed them out, and am now letting them dry before I decide what I want to do next. A couple will probably be refilled with something different and a couple will go for a rest in the storage case. I'll probably dig out a couple that haven't been used in a while and put them back into rotation. Variety is the spice of life! :thumbup1:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Refilled my Lamy Al Star w/ EF nib with Noodler's Bulletproof Black, my current everyday pen.
Just got a new Nemosine Ltd Fission w/ EF nib and inked it with Pilot iroshizuku shin-kai blue black ink.

Waterman Carene Deluxe ran dry of Waterman Mysterious Blue. Cleaned and stored.
Going to fill brown Parker 51 Vac with Waterman Mysterious Blue once cleaned.

Parker Vector F nib ran out of Koh I Noor Black, filled with Waterman Blue Black.
Can't wait to empty my Pilot VPen/Varsity, to try it with Waterman Blue Black.

Last edited:
Although all official writing at work is required to be done in blackety-black, I've adopted brown as my "signature color" wherever I can get away with it. Lamy 2000 ran dry of Noodler's #41 yesterday (which, over the course of two refills, I have determined is not for me), flushed and refilled with Montblanc Toffee Brown.

Rinsed my BnB essential and my Konrad the other day. Almost out of ink in my Falcon...will rinse that too. Too many pens inked at the moment.

FPR Guru is out of Diamine Chocolate Brown. Will clean and set aside.

Filling the Recife Crystal (M) with Waterman Tender Purple. Was going to use the Chocolate Brown but apparently the Recifes do much better with low-saturated inks.

Last edited:
Pen cleaning night....

Lamy Safari 1.1 italic refilled with Bad Belted Kingfisher

Lamy Safari (wife's) medium filled with Organics Studio Uranium

Cheap Hero (wife's) refilled with Heart of Darkness

Jinhao X450 with Goulet's 1.5 mm: Cleaned and filled with Bad Belted Kingfisher

Platinum preppy eyedroppered: Cleaned it out since it was writing wonky or not at all. Put in more Fox Red

I just emptied and flushed two pens this morning. A Franklin-Christoph 03 with a Medium Stub nib was starting to misbehave (slow starts, skipping) so I dumped the 1/2 full converter of Organics Studio "Long Live the Liver" green, and put it into storage for a bit. I also was having some issues with a Parker 21 that was occasionally dropping a blob of ink, so I flushed that also. Not sure what I'll replace them with yet, but I've got plenty of options!

OK, I'll bite...what's Micro-film Quink?

Borrowed from FPN below, appears that these inks worked better to be micro-filmed. The the box says "black", with a stub nib, after it dries it is almost a black/grey/brown/red......... Weird I know.

I think that the Micro-Film ink by Parker was developed for use with V-Mail during WWII. Waterman also had its version.

V-Mail used official "Envo-letters", which were combination sheets and envelopes. They were used for "rush photographic mail to our armed forces overseas".

The messages were sent to a common point, microfilmed and then the miniature photographic negative of the message would be sent by "the most expeditious transportation available for reproduction and delivery".

The Custom 823 is down to its last few drops of Montblanc Toffee Brown. That took about 6 weeks of use.

Might refill it with Toffee Brown, since the two are made for each other, or might go for Pilot Blue, Iroshizuku Take Sumi, Shin Kai, or Yama Guri.

The Custom Heritage 91 is almost empty of vintage Skrip Blue/Black. I'll stick a cartridge of Pilot Blue Black on there next.

My goodness!

I think I finally found my bloody ink :)

Noodler's Red Black looks like dried blood but Diamine Oxblood looks kinda fresh

Me likey ;-)

I like Diamine Oxblood a lot!

Sailor Pro Gear just ran out of Vintage Blue/Black Quink...... Conklin Stylograph with Vintage Micro-film Black Quink is next.

Top Bottom