What's new

The Converter is Empty

Received a dozen samples yesterday from Goulet. Filled the TWSBI with Noodler's Liberty Elysium.

Can't wait to get to the Rohrer & Klingner inks.

Ran the safari out of Diamine's Deep dark blue last night.
Its such a good combo with the EF nib that I topped up with the same again.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Esterbrook J ran out of Hero Blue/Black, which is a much darker blue/black thatn Parker Quink's. Luckily, I have my Kaweco Sport eyedroppered with said Quink as my standby.

Visconti Van Gogh just ran out of Noodlers Sequoia. It was a bit dark for me. I've flushed clean and put the pen out of rotation for now. Up to bat is a Diplomat Optimist Loop with waterman purple.

Visconti Van Gogh just ran out of Noodlers Sequoia. It was a bit dark for me. I've flushed clean and put the pen out of rotation for now. Up to bat is a Diplomat Optimist Loop with waterman purple.

Wow- Waterman Purple really does nothing for me. I wrote a page, became unhappy, flushed it, and replaced with Akkerman #8. Much happier now. Phew!

Lamy Safari ran dry again. Refilled with Noodler's bad blue kingfisher. We have recently went paperless here at work for writing up files so I don't get to use it as much.

Edison Beaumont (EF nib) emptied of Iroshizuku Ku-jaku right when I needed it. I'll flush it and let it sit as I'm going on vacation.

Pilot VP ran out of Diamine Mediterranean Blue right as I was signing a credit card receipt; that is refilled with the same.

Pilot Metropolitan (1.0mm stub) topped off with what was left of a sample of Noodler's 54th Mass; I spilled a little bit while changing nibs. That's going on the "next bottle of ink" list.

TWSBI Mini (EF) filled with Noodler's Black pre-trip.

Think this is the first time I had three pens run dry at once.

Last edited:
Starting my Friday morning by re-filling my Edison Herald with Noodler's Ellis Island Ink. This is one of my two daily use pens and it is fantastic! I've been using blue inks in both of my daily use pens for a while (Diamine Florida Blue in this one and J Herbin Eclat de Saphir in the other one) and my black inks have been sitting on the side of my desk leering at me. I figure it's time to get some use out of them. Have a great day!

$Pen and Ink.jpg

Beautiful pen, and good ink from what I hear as well. I will be about due for a refill this weekend, and will be breaking the seal on some noodlers bad blue heron. Looking forward to it!

I just filled my Kaigelu 316 (amber & black swirled acrylic, medium nib) with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black ink. I've been interested in this ink for some time, and I just returned from Europe (Switzerland) with two bottles. It's not available in the United States due to import restrictions on one of the ingredients. My initial impressions are very good. It's a very dark blue-black, performs quite well in this very wet-writing pen, and seems to be very waterproof. I dribbled some water on a page of writing; there was a little wash-off but the great majority of the ink remained behind and was quite legible. I can see this ink becoming a regular part of the rotation, particularly in formal/business-type writing, addressing envelopes, writing checks, etc.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Tanked up a Canadian Black Vac with some vintage Quink.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Pilot Metros with Private Reserve's DC Electric Blue and Diamine's Grape. The Grape isn't as dark as I'd like in this pen, so I may end up going back to Private Reserve Ebony Green or De Atramentis Alexander Hamilton. Or adding some black . . .

Lamy AlStar ran dry during a drawing mark-up yesterday, refilled with more of the same, Noodler's Rattler Red Eel. Considering a change-over to Skrip red. Not the most exciting of choices, but looks darn good for drawing marking.

Hope to have some Platinum Carbon Black show up this Friday, testing as a replacement in my VP for the stock Pilot black, and possibly my left-hand-nib Safari.

TWSBI Mini switched from EF to 1.1; keeping Noodler's Black in there for now. I think the Noodler's makes the EF nib too toothy.

Filled a Muji fountain pen with a Diamine Sapphire Blue cartridge.

Filled a Diplomat Magnum Soft Touch (F) with Diamine Sapphire Blue drained from another cartridge; I think this pen is officially dead in the water until I can troubleshoot the nib.

For the past few days, I've been using a Wasp Addipoint pen filled with Pelikan Blue-Black and just ran it dry. I flushed it out, put it away for now, and filled my Sheaffer PFM II with Private Reserve Fiesta Red. I've been helping my wife edit and proofread some documents, and I needed a pen with a fine point and red ink.

Topped off the blue Parker Vac with Quink blue-black because I had a feeling it was going to be a long day of note-taking.

Refilled my Metros with Private Reserve's Electric DC Blue and De Atramentis' Alexander Hamilton.

Switched my Ahab to Private Reserve's Chocolat, one of my Nussbaums to Diamine's Ancient Copper, and my Duke Ruby to De Atramentis' Aubergine. Will be switching out the Aubergine in that pen . . . I find that for my Asian nibbed finer points, I need to stick to the really dark inks to get a look that I like.

I'm also finding that I really like Private Reserve inks. I love the saturation and the colors.

Top Bottom