• Lime

• Marrakesh

• Mysore Sandalwood

• Prospect Creek

• Sandalwood Rose

• Unscented

• Wild Lavender

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wonder how many folks have had a chance to smell them all. I have all but 3. I don't have the coconut, sandalwood rose, and unscented.

Love the lime, meh on the bay rum, good on the unscented (not odorless)

The lime is *very* true to scent... Just a wonderful lime scent coming through... With just a few days exception, I haven't used any other soap for about 3 weeks now. I'm really liking (loving) the scent and skin feel after the shave.

Just ordered coconut sample and 2 more lime samples (waiting on some "lower glycerin" test samples for soft water before ordering a full puck of lime.... or 2 or 3... Will make some great PIF's.)

I have Lily of the Valley, nice scent. I'm waiting on samples of Marrakesh, Lime and Mysore Sandalwood. I really like this soap. I'm thinking I might buy a puck of unscented and add menthol crystals to it for the summer.

Last edited:
I have Lily of the Valley, nice scent. I'm waiting on samples of Marrakesh, Lime and Mysore Sandalwood. I really like this soap. I'm thinking I might buy a puck of unscented and add menthol crystals to it for the summer.

I bought a puck of the unscented to use an uberlather component for all my QCS creams. It is a wonderful soap.

Last edited:
I chose Lavender. I have the Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, and the scent blends well with many shave soaps ( not to mention a bottle of witch hazel kept in the fridge makes an excellent summer AS )

I received my other 3 samples today, Lime, Marrakesh and Sandalwood (I have Lily of the Valley). They all smell nice.

I've got the unscented. It's a great performer. If anyone is looking for a tallow based soap, give MW a try. And if you don't like scents, the unscented is a great option. As for me, I wish I had a scented version rather than unscented. If you happen to have one whose scent you don't like let me know and maybe we can swap.

Just wanted to get some expert opinion. I tried using Mystic Waters and was very disappointed. It seemed like it wanted to dry on my face to fast. Mama Bears seems to stay wet for a while...am I doing something wrong?

Just wanted to get some expert opinion. I tried using Mystic Waters and was very disappointed. It seemed like it wanted to dry on my face to fast. Mama Bears seems to stay wet for a while...am I doing something wrong?
I would just slowly add more water. I find this soaps takes a little more water than others I am used to but the performance is fantastic and I am consistently getting fantastic lather. I used Lime and Litsea samples and bought a full tub of unscented.

Mystic waters likes/can handle a lot more water than most other soaps. Try increasing the amount of water by a teaspoon or so. The first couple weeks I over-loaded the brush and needed to dip the brush in water 5 or 6 times to get it thinned out... (I "normally" load every soap dry-ish and add water, but usually only 1 or 2 dips. FWIW: I face lather.)

I was warned early on not to change blades too frequently. I did that with almost every shave till I had gone through about 40+ different varieties. I never had any ill affects from using so many "new" (to me) blades. No one ever mentioned not to changes soaps too often. I find that each one takes some time to get used to in terms of how long to load, and how wet a brush to use, and how much water to use, and ever what consistency provides the best shave. MW has worked well for me. My guess, like others, is for you to slowly add more water. You could even keep doing that until it is too runny and unusable just to see what the limit is. Then back off some.

Bay rum is incredible. I haven't tried the nw ones, and I'm looking forward to trying coconut, but for now I give big ups to the bay rum.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried adding more water and it still seems to dry on my face. I also orded Mikes soaps (I've seen him on here), so I'm hoping his might be better. If I continue with MW soaps can you guys recommend something I could mix in to make a smoother shave? Like I said water doesn't seem to keep the cream wet on my face.

[FONT=&amp]"This is how to obtain a copious, thick, yogurt-like, lasting lather using MW shaving soap: soak your shaving brush in hot water, take it out of the water, let the water drip until no more drips out, then give two or maybe three moderate shakes, but don't squeeze out the water. Take this relatively wet brush to the soap and begin to swirl lightly. If the lather looks foamy or airy right away, keep lathering on top of the puck until it thickens. If it does not, just keep loading until the brush is loaded to your satisfaction. Then take the loaded brush to your bowl (or face). Begin swirling gently and calmly. Once the lather looks creamy, add a couple of drops of water if necessary, and continue calmly swirling until the water is fully incorporated and the lather has no visible bubbles. If more water is required, do the same thing again, each time incorporating the water fully before adding more, and never whipping the brush around wildly.[/FONT]"

This technique has worked well for me. At first I was getting light, airy lather from my MW samples, but now get an ideal cream that rounds off all the other qualities in MW, including wonderful scents and excellent moisturizing. I find that they work best face lathering for me.

[FONT=&amp]HTH[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Top Bottom