• Lime

• Marrakesh

• Mysore Sandalwood

• Prospect Creek

• Sandalwood Rose

• Unscented

• Wild Lavender

Results are only viewable after voting.
[FONT=&]"This is how to obtain a copious, thick, yogurt-like, lasting lather using MW shaving soap: soak your shaving brush in hot water, take it out of the water, let the water drip until no more drips out, then give two or maybe three moderate shakes, but don't squeeze out the water. Take this relatively wet brush to the soap and begin to swirl lightly. If the lather looks foamy or airy right away, keep lathering on top of the puck until it thickens. If it does not, just keep loading until the brush is loaded to your satisfaction. Then take the loaded brush to your bowl (or face). Begin swirling gently and calmly. Once the lather looks creamy, add a couple of drops of water if necessary, and continue calmly swirling until the water is fully incorporated and the lather has no visible bubbles. If more water is required, do the same thing again, each time incorporating the water fully before adding more, and never whipping the brush around wildly.[/FONT]"

This technique has worked well for me. At first I was getting light, airy lather from my MW samples, but now get an ideal cream that rounds off all the other qualities in MW, including wonderful scents and excellent moisturizing. I find that they work best face lathering for me.

for anyone having issues with MW, this is the method to use!

as for the scents, a few of these are gone a few added. I was searching "MW Bay Rum" and surprised to see it #1. i got mine today, it was not what i expected. i was expecting scent like Captains Choice, Kramperts and QCS Cayman...the only 3 bay rum products i own. to me, the MW Bay Rum was cologne scented, but the more i sniffed it on the ride home, i got whiffs of the bay rum scents from the others, but not as powerfull. still a bit of clove, kind of like baking cookies etc.

not sure it's a keeper yet, i was all ready to PIF or trade it, then i whipped up a batch and found it lathered with a better scent then straight from the jar (lesson learned and i should have known not to pass judement on opening a jar and smelling, it's strong) but will likely give it a go.

i know it will lather great and shave well. if i follow with a more traditional (at least to my nose) bay rum scent, perhaps i'll see what others see in the MW Bay Rum and why it was voted (at least on this poll) the #1 MW scent.

reading back, it looks like i had smelled the Bay Rum, i think i had a sample, but don't believe it was the same scented bay rum as i have now (odd)

Last edited:
I wonder if there was a bad batch, the Bay Rum sample I got didn't smell anything like the other Bay Rum products I have smelled. I can't describe the scent except it was very strong and reminded me of an old school cologne. I put the sample back in the bag and will pay it forward at some point because my wife and I both can't handle the scent.

I wonder if there was a bad batch, the Bay Rum sample I got didn't smell anything like the other Bay Rum products I have smelled. .

I am no Bay Rum expert, and I wonder what TRUE Bay Rum smells like? It's probably one of those scents like Lavender. I had no idea what good, real, lavender scent should smell like until I got some MdC and AOS, now the others do not smell good to my nose.

Used the MW Bay Rum today, followed with a Bay Rum AS Splash (Kramperts) and did not mind the scent at all. It's growing on me.

I contacted Michelle about the MW Bay Rum because to my nose it was nowhere near what Captains and any other Bay Rum I have smelled...here is what I was told by here (It should be ok to post this)

"it is more cologne-like than many others, but I just wanted you to know that I have been using the same Bay Rum FO since the beginning so if you had a sample at some time in the past, it's still the same scent. "

Last edited:
My two cents is that after getting samples of just about all of them the Sandalwood Rose is by far my favorite. It was an easy pick for me before the extra $2 off, and a no brainier counting in the discount.

I just want to publicly reaffirm my love for MW Lily of the Valley.

Oh LofV, how you make my heart flutter. How you make my nostrils flare with pleasure. How you make my face feel like it is softer than a thousand baby butts wrapped in velvet. I love you, MW LotV.

Oh LofV, how you make my heart flutter. How you make my nostrils flare with pleasure. How you make my face feel like it is softer than a thousand baby butts wrapped in velvet. I love you, MW LotV.

Mental note: buy lilly of the valley next time!

MW Lily of the Valley soap has an incredible scent. I didn't think I would like a floral scent but it's not at all a feminine scent like I thought it would be.

Not on the list, my choice would be the coconut lime verbena :thumbup:

i got it in a trade. must have come out before the list.

Lavender Lime
Why choose? Now you can have your two favorite scents in one lovely blend with the cooling addition of pure menthol. What could be more perfect for the summer? Essential oils.

I have marrakesh, cedar & sage, bay rum, adirondack jack, and I've also had Prospect creek & windjammer. Not to mention her shampoo and soap bars that I use.

Yeah, I'm sort of a MW junkie.

I'm finding it hard to choose a favorite, as I have so many. Sandalwood Rose is at the top of my list, but I'm a sucker for both of those scents. Mysore Sandalwood, Rosalimone, and Sardinian Honey are close behind, but I keep changing my mind, and want to edge up Wild Lavender, Viola di Bosco, and Lilac. And if that isn't enough, I'm often bathing and shaving with the same scent, as her soaps are just that good.

This quote is worth reviving.

I only have one, viola di bosco, and it's bloody awesome! One of the best scents in shaving soaps ever!

Top Bottom