What's new

Real break thru.....first real BBS shave last night

After about 2 months of wet shaving including mostly DE shaving and dabbling in straight shaving, I had what I would consider the best shave I have ever experienced last night. Everything went perfect. After experimenting with different pre-shave methods, soaps/creams, blades, I think I found my sweet spot. Here was my process:

1. Hot shower and washed my face while my custom TGN Finest 26mm brush soaks with a few drops of hot water on top of my soap
2. Whipped up some Tabac and latered up my face.
3. Let that sit on my face for a minute while I put in a new Astra SP blade in my Muhle R89
4. Hot towel over the top of the lather then re-lather for a first pass WTG
5. Re-apply hot towel and re-lather for ATG pass
6. Rinse off and hit the RazoRock Alum Stick (hardly any sting this time at all)
7. Cold rinse followed with Nivea Sesitive ASB

Perfection!

I would just like to say thank you to all of the forum members for the great support and vast knowledge availalble to people like me just starting out. It has been a great trip so far and look forward to the future.

Thank you,
Ryan

Last edited:
So glad to hear! I wonder if bells ring in heaven when a man achieves his first BBS? I haven't seen any pictures of a clean shaven Jesus though....

Good to hear. Re-lathering and dabbing a bit water in between each pass keeps the glide of the shave smooth. Congrats.

Top Bottom