What's new

Mock Turtleneck Sweaters and Sport Coats

What is Your Opinion of a Mock Turtleneck and Sport Coat

• Yes, looks great. This is a staple in my wardrobe

• It's OK, but dated and shows your age

• If you're Steve McQueen you can oull it off. Otherwise, no.

• Holy toolbag Batman, what a dork.

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is your opinion of the ubiquitous black/gray mock turtleneck worn with a sport coat? Further, should the sweater (fine silk or cashmire) be tucked in or left out?

$siskel-ebert-mcqueen.jpg

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Odds are, Steve-o Mac was wearing a proper turtleneck sweater, rather than a "mock neck". Mock necks are toolbag central. Real turtlenecks are real cool.

I've never seen the need for a "mock" turtle neck, and have always chosen to wear a full turtle neck. As for wearing it with a sport coat, I've done it a few times, but I cannot remember how long it's been. Which basically means, it was years and years ago, lol. That being said, if you feel you can rock it...then rock it ;-)

If you are tucking in your sweater you might as well go all out and tuck in the jacket too. Siskel and Ebert are wearing "V" neck sweaters and look good, doubtful if McQueen has on a mock turtleneck.

If you are tucking in your sweater you might as well go all out and tuck in the jacket too. Siskel and Ebert are wearing "V" neck sweaters and look good, doubtful if McQueen has on a mock turtleneck.

AHAHA...agreed, one should never tuck in their sweater, turtle neck or otherwise.

Top Bottom