What's new

mmmmm latherizers

so I acquired a campbell latherizer for the steep price of free a few weeks ago.

It was in pretty good shape when I got it but me being me, I pulled it totally apart, scrubbed and polished every part and replaced every part I could find a replacement for. Oh and I thought it was a nice touch to add cloth covered wires that match my walls.

It works like a champ although I mainly see it as a shaving den display piece.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ive allways wanted to know how they work. do you just squirt canned goo in there and it keeps it warm or what?

that white bottle you see behind it, you add a cap full of goop to 8 oz of water and it produces (speculation) a gallon+ of lather. There is a heating element in it that supposedly keeps it hot (I'm still in trial runs so I have been hesitant to leave it plugged in unattended just yet). Its intended to be a continual use item for a barbershop so I am uncertain how/if that translates to occasional home use (although the woman seems quite excited about using it for her legs so there might be some justification for filling it).

^^^ those are just my uninformed speculation, I'd appreciate other's thoughts as this is new to me.

I used to keep mine plugged all the time. I don't use it any more, as the lather is not very rich. It is designed for frequent use during the day. My barber borrowed mine a while back, when his heating element went out on him. I haven't used it since I got it back. They do produce hot lather, but I have come to like what I whip up with brush and either soap or cream. I paid as much for mine as you did for yours, it was a gift from my dentist, whose dad was a barber.

I used to keep mine plugged all the time. I don't use it any more, as the lather is not very rich. It is designed for frequent use during the day. My barber borrowed mine a while back, when his heating element went out on him. I haven't used it since I got it back. They do produce hot lather, but I have come to like what I whip up with brush and either soap or cream. I paid as much for mine as you did for yours, it was a gift from my dentist, whose dad was a barber.

One of Mantic59's videos shows him getting a shave in Vegas at Truefitt & Hill (I think) and he said the latherizer there had T&H (or whatever company it was attached to) products in it. So theoretically you don't *have* to use that goop if you prefer some other brand/quality of lather.

Top Bottom