What's new

ZMC Pharmacy - Metro Detroit

Dunno if this has been posted before but I just wanted to post about ZMC Pharmacy in Royal Oak, MI. If you are in Metro Detroit and need a quick fix for wetshaving supplies you might want to check it out. Nowhere near the selection of our great online vendors but sometimes it's nice to buy things in person.

Highlights:

Musgo Real (almost the entire line,pre-shave, colognes, AS, shave cream, bath soap, etc.)
Valobra (both the two soft soaps and the hard tallow based shave stick)
Omega (cream and boar brushes)
Proraso (cream/soap and AS)
Cella (red tub soft soap)
Merkur (small selection of DE razors)

Other stuff:

TOBS creams and hard soaps (the creams are at least a few years old, mostly pre-reformulation, and looked dried out)
MiN NY badger brushes (look like re-branded Edwin Jaggers)
Baxter for Men (entire line...not sure if the cream is a lather cream or brushless)
Claus Porto bath soaps
Caswell Massey Products (the soap and shave cream are notoriously crappy, don't say I didn't warn you)
Lots of other niche-y stuff you only see in specialty pharmacies

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that out. Nice to know of a local place that carries some stuff.

I realize this is somewhat old... But I will bring it back up since I visited ZMC for the first time today.

I went there mostly because I really wanted to pick up some Cella to try out. Sadly, they had almost everything listed above, except for the Cella. :sad:

Some other things I spotted that weren't listed above are Proraso canned goop (if you're into that sorta thing), they only had Proraso soap too, no cream. The only TOBS they had was sandalwood, which I sniffed, and then passed on. They indeed had a few brushes, including a Tweezerman (but for 15 bucks... I'll pass).

The Musgo Real stuff they have is a lot of AS splashes, an ASB, and they have some regular scent cream. I hoped they would have the new scents like the spiced citrus, oak moss or lime basil... but nope... just the regular old Musgo Real scent.

I walked out with a block of the Volabra soft almond soap and a tube of Musgo. First impressions: I pressed about 1/4 of the Volabra into a tub... wow, smells awesome and the little residue on my hands lathered like crazy, and was pretty moisturizing. I popped open the musgo cream just to check it out (I am an anxious kind of guy like that), and right off the bat found that it smells EXACTLY like my GF's dad. I mean exactly. I will have to ask if he uses Musgo AS or EDT or something. Not a terrible scent, but I don't want to smell like dad for the GF... That's creepy! Squeezed a little out and lathered it in my palms. Good lather, very nice slip. After some sad and gruesome attempts at trying some glycerin soaps (no name calling here... ) I'm excited to move on and try these out.

Oh... and you guys will love this... those Feather blades previously spotted at this location... You would never guess the price... Nine dollars and change for a 10 pack! :001_rolle

Edit: oh bummer, just realized that posting doesn't bump up a post in this forum... Oh well... Posted for posterity I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom