What's new

Vintage Gillette razor ID please (pics included)

I acquired a shaving or perhaps even complete toilette kit with a Gillette vintage safety razor.
My normal shaving gear is a EJ DE89L but I'm in love with vintage so when I saw this kit for only 4 dollar...

Besides a heavy cleaning (saw a lot of tutorials and I have an ultrasonic bad) I'm curious which one this is. So I went to the nice ID topic with the spoilers but no result...

The pics:

proxy.php
]

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

sorry no straight shot without hands

In the two silvery cilinders there are a mini brush and a piece of soap.

thx for watching!

Good help guys! I see it's a Tech head with a NEW handle. The first one is made of??? lightweight stuff. Not very sophisticated imho. The handle seems to be made of brass which implies it's an early version?

The head has no designations other than Gillette. So no idea which year it might be.

I cleaned it today with an ultrasonic cleaner, boiled it in a whater/vinegar mixture (outside of course ;)) and it's pretty clean now. Perhaps some polishing but I don't dare to polish the head pieces because a. i don't know the material and b. I'm afraid I'll polish off the Gilette logo on top. Any suggestions?

Will try it tomorrow evening with a Derby blade. Should be pretty mild ride.

Perhaps some polishing but I don't dare to polish the head pieces because a. i don't know the material and b. I'm afraid I'll polish off the Gilette logo on top. Any suggestions?

There is an alumium foil/something method mentioned on here, it requires no polishing. Also, silver polish is gentle. That might work. Maybe someone else can help with more info on the aluminum foil/whatever it is method.
Johnnie

Top Bottom