What's new

I just blind bought Chanel Allure Homme Sport EAU EXTREME

...from chanel.com

Should get here early next week.
Will review for the forum once I get it.

Apparently this one has mint as one of the listed ingredients (not sure if previous versions did, but I don't recall smelling any mint).

From chanel:
"The sporty, sensual scent, in a new concentrated Eau de Toilette, is heightened with notes of Moroccan Cypress and Venezuelan Tonka Bean. For the man who is unafraid to take risks and push boundaries."

I'm liking the mint in Cartier Roadster so that was actually what pushed me to buy this. I didn't want a stronger AHS. I wanted something a bit different.
We will see what it actually smells like vs. AHS.

Got it!

Have not had full wearing yet.

Had SWMBO do a scent test between AHS and AHSEE (but on paper, not skin).

She preferred eau extreme. She said AHS is a "more common scent like everyone else wears" -- I didn't tell her it's AHS so she's spot on since AHS is popular. She thought the extreme is "more unique" and liked it more.

I suck at describing frags so I'm not able to give a useful side by side of the two. I would say though that they smell similar but the extreme has less of that orange popsicle thing going on. It's less citrus. I'm not sure if it's more mint.....maybe more tonka bean???

I like the extreme on paper. Plan for full wearing tonight after shower and maybe tomorrow to work.

Wore it today.

I think I prefer AHS over AHSEE. I like that orange creamsicle vibe of AHS. AHSEE is more subtle, refined and maybe better for the office perhaps.

Also the mint is very quiet and subtle, much less mint that Cartier Roadster (the only other mint I know for reference). If I didn't know it had mint it it I probably wouldn't have identified it.

Honestly, I wouldn't even consider trying a fragrance with such name. Especially the addition "eau extreme" is a little ridiculous.

In 10 years i look forward to trying allure homme sport eau fraiche extreme Blanche rouge black intense assoluta forte

Interesting run down, especially with the blind SWMBO test. Those are very interesting, and even more so when they hit the nail on the head.

I am stunned that you're still picking up bottles blind! I know there is an appeal to it, but there are so many frags... what am I talking about, I bought tons of bottles blind. It took me forever to learn!

Decants man!

I still go FB for frags that I can't find from my usual sources of decant vendors. I'm concerned about getting decants from some random person on the net. But safer to me if it's one of the BnB vendors, theperfumedcourt, or maybe 1-3 guys on basenotes who have a lot of posts and good track record for selling stuff (eg DULLAH).

Also I blind buy on frags less than $100 more liberally than I would for something over $200.

I would not recommend eau extreme as a blind buy. I'm sure it will hit Macys or other stores soon since it's Chanel. I was not blown away by it when I did a wearing of it the other day. It's a good scent but somewhat ordinary for those of us who sample man frags. Not bad....just will not blow you away for being amazing.

Top Bottom