What's new

More Love for Mystic Water

I just got off the phone with Michelle of Mystic Water Soaps, and I just wanted to say that her customer service is absolutely top notch. I know plenty of you guys have already had great experiences working with her, but I like to give credit where credit is due. I was having a bit of trouble ordering (I'm always having problems with paypal), so I shot Michelle an email. She was very understanding and helpful, and replied very quickly. Wound up ordering half by email, half by phone. So while I don't yet have the soaps in my hands, I'm sure I'll love them judging by all of the positive reviews I've read here on B&B, and I look forward to doing business again. I'll be posting here in a week or so when I receive the soaps to give my novice review :thumbup:

I received samples of her latest flavors today. Now I just need to figure out which pucks to buy. I've only used Lily of the Valley so far. I started out liking it, but after using it nearly exclusively for 2 weeks, I now love it. Tonight I think I'll use Marrakesh while listening to Crosby, Stills & Nash

I'm addicted to theijr bay rum soap. I'm not a guy who uses the same soap more than one day in a row. I have used the bay rum for the last week! Great soap, highly recommend.

I tried my lime sample today. It smells great, lathers easily, excellent slickness, fine shave. My range of products is from Adp, Mdc, Tfs all the way to Vdh. Michelle has an outstanding shave soap. I rank it in the top tier. I will be placing an order soon. Of course, ymmv. Regards, Bradley

I'm addicted to theijr bay rum soap. I'm not a guy who uses the same soap more than one day in a row. I have used the bay rum for the last week! Great soap, highly recommend.

I also have this soap, but the scent isn't what I am used to - or would favor - as a "bay rum" scent. That being said, I love it. It lathers great and I really do like the nice scent (I just have to remember that it isn't "my idea of bay rum").

And yes, Michelle is great to work with.

These soaps are on my short list of soaps to give in buy even though I don't need them. ;)

However, I just gave in and bought a different one so Mystic Waters will have to wait a little.

If you're a menthol junkie and love the smell of peppermint try her Prospect Creek! Frosty face, great lather and an eye opening and refreshing scent is what you'll get!

If you're a menthol junkie and love the smell of peppermint try her Prospect Creek! Frosty face, great lather and an eye opening and refreshing scent is what you'll get!

You wouldn't happen to have QCS Vostock to compare the frostiness would you? Just curious on the menthol level. Thanks!!

For anyone who has used Martin de Candre, how does Mystic Water soap compare? I want to order some samples, but want to know if it's in the same league as my current favorite soap.

I have coincidently been back-to-backing MdC and Mystic for the past two weeks. They are very, very close by all comparable measures for my water, brushes etc. YMMV. Plug & Play lather, more than enough for three passes (ala Marco's advice) on a single brush load, superb glide for both, maybe MdC has the edge on cushion....maybe, which is surprising for a non tallow...The ease of latherability edges out MWF but gotta' luv the Fat.
For the moment these are my top three. Arko follows in its' own separate and wonderful catagory.

Top Bottom