What's new

The Formula 1 2012 thread

This race was a definite letdown for me from the excitement of Shanghai. I was hoping tyre degradation played a bigger role with how much it was hyped. Still, a boring F1 race is better than NASCAR any day.

Good job Lotus!
I'm excited to see them up there.
Button didn't do too well with a few problems then having to retire the car.
McLaren had a little trouble in the pit which no doubt cost Hamilton.

And so, Lotus races well and ends up on the podium.

The Bahrain track suits cars with the straight line speed.
I agree that it wasn't the most exciting race, but at least it mixes things up a bit.

On to Spain now.

Well, we've got to fill up all the time before Barcelona somehow...I came across this today:

http://wtf1.co.uk/makes-sense-f1-drivers-as-my-little-pony-characters/
proxy.php

Not an RBR fan but pretty cool thing they're doing for Silverstone

[video]http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Video/Faces-For-Charity-2012---Upload,-Donate,-Race--021243200355411[/video]

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
For fans of the sport, today marks the 18th anniversary of the death of Ayrton Senna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ayrton Senna is my fav driver (ever.) pulling slightly in front of riakkonen, barichello and stewart. (just kinda wish i was alive when Stewart or Senna was racing.) doesn't that mean that the day before would have been ratzenburger (i probably butchered the name.) anniversary?

I saw it at the Rose Theater in Port Townsend. I wish they had emphasized the drivers' battle for safety more effectively. I thought they did the best they had with the available footage of the man's life.

That track really came alive at the end of Q3. Im surprised Jenson's crew didn't tell him to keep on the gas. Looked like he had crossed start-finish with 00:01 left in the session. In any event, it should make for some fun racing having him and Weber with such fast cars in the midfield.

Ohhhh Hammy sits at the back of the grid.
Not good for McLaren. Not good at all with Button sitting 11th.

Hooray for Grosjean and Raikkonen. I'm starting to like Lotus-Renault more and more.

Top Bottom