What's new

Will the real "Old Spice" please stand up

About 6 years ago I purchased this bottle of Fresh Lime from shaveabuck, to my nose it smelled very close to my grandfather's original Shulton from the mid 1960's

$os2.jpg$os.jpg

$IMAG1474.jpg

Forgot to add this here - picked this unopened box for a collector I know but at this point not sure they want it so it looks like if I ever run out of AS - I have some OSv coming my way :001_cool:

proxy.php

Picked this up today on antique row. It has 1073M stamped on the base. Anyone have an idea what stands for? It's 4/5 full and I figured I could spring for $3.00 they were asking for it.

Fas est et ab hoste docari

The bottle I purchased from India is a dead ringer to what I recall old Spice smelling like as a kid. I also have a bottle I bought here and it is definitely not the same.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
At the risk of being banned from B&B, I will risk it for the sake of being honest: I really prefer the smell of vintage Avon Spicy over that of any Old Spice.....sorry.....it was nice being welcomed here while it lasted....sniff...

Fascinating that this thread is still going five years on. Impressive scientific method applied here. I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not the type to chase an "original formula" of any product. My method is simple: if after trying a product I like it, I use it. If not, I move on. I do not search for the original, "better" version.

FarmerTan

Well said my man. I made the mistake right after Christmas of buying an English Leather gift set at $5. Wasn't worth it. It might just be that my nose remembered it better than it actually was, or the original really did smell that bad. I should toss it, but I think maybe I should use it for some Bootlegging......

At the risk of being banned from B&B, I will risk it for the sake of being honest: I really prefer the smell of vintage Avon Spicy over that of any Old Spice.....sorry.....it was nice being welcomed here while it lasted....sniff...
I'm with you on this one Dave. My wife is too, I've put Spicy on one wrist and Shulton on the other and had her take a sniff of each. Tried it a couple times and She always picks Spicy. She says Old Spice is OK, but Spicy is yummy.

FarmerTan

I'm with you on this one Dave. My wife is too, I've put Spicy on one wrist and Shulton on the other and had her take a sniff of each. Tried it a couple times and She always picks Spicy. She says Old Spice is OK, but Spicy is yummy.
If the lady says "Yummy" enough has been said, and I rest my case. Because.....WHY ELSE DO WE MEN WANT TO SMELL NICE?!?

Top Bottom