What's new

Will the real "Old Spice" please stand up

Exactly the same as mine. Thank you, Musikmann! Only difference is, mine is the 30g tube that I purchased a few weeks ago to sample it. I think it was $3.95 with free shipping, again from eBay.

You're welcome Penknight, I ad some spare time this afternoon but didn't know about you.

I just stepped out of a beach resort in a small sleepy fishing town ane bought these goodies and a Gillette Guard from a chemist . I had stocked on the Shulton make of creams and AS just before the P&G take over in India. I am so glad to read this feedback on the P&G make. One sniff of the tube confirms the same old vintage scent !View attachment 484291

I just stepped out of a beach resort in a small sleepy fishing town ane bought these goodies and a Gillette Guard from a chemist . I had stocked on the Shulton make of creams and AS just before the P&G take over in India. I am so glad to read this feedback on the P&G make. One sniff of the tube confirms the same old vintage scent

I restocked my original lather cream and lime a couple months ago and noticed that the lime packaging looks much more in line with current OS offerings (a la this as opposed to this.) However, all scents remain as good as ever! I'll try to remember to take and post a picture when I get home.

Used some vintage 70's Shulton splash last night, great stuff.

Thought I'd share that I got my big shipment of Old Spice Original shave cream in today, six 70g tubes from India via eBay for $24.99 with free shipping and tracking. I was surprised to find out that the back of the tube still says Shulton. Manufacture date was 07/12 which I also find interesting, as my 30g tube doesn't read Shulton on it anywhere. My tube looks like Bobcat's. I'll try and get a picture of it up today if I have more time. I just wanted to share with you guys. :001_smile

I'll be using it for today's shave, along with my Indian Old Spice Original aftershave that I adore and pick up to sniff nearly everytime I pass it in the bathroom. Wonderful stuff! :thumbup:

Thank you! Have you noticed a difference in scents from the new packaging with the anchors on the front compared to the older packaging with the sailboat on it? It seems the cream from the older packaging is spicier to my girlfriend and me. I'd value your insights on the matter.

Mine has the sailboat on the front and it is marked 1313-04/14 Exp 03/17. What is the date on the newer version please?

My spicier of the two was manufactured 07/12, expires 06/15. The other one in the newer version of packaging was manufactured 03/14.
And the batch number on the spicier of the two is BW0S262. Here, I hope, are pictures of the two tubes that I have...

$CAM00001.jpg$CAM00002.jpg

Forgot to add that the larger of the tubes, Shulton on it, has the spicier scent of the two. Has anyone else noticed that?

Last edited:
I've got 4 bottles of the old Shulton OS original A/S I got from WCS a year or so ago. Has anyone done a side by side of the OS original A/S with the new P&G stuff from India?

Hopefully P&G hasn't screwed this up, too.

Forgot to ad that the larger of the tubes, Shulton on it, has the spicier scent of the two. Has anyone else noticed that?

Thanks for adding this to the description. I only have the newer version and never had the older one. I'll search around on eBay to compare the tube quantities and if I find a larger one will contact the seller(s) to ask for the date of manufacture and lot number.

Thanks for adding this to the description. I only have the newer version and never had the older one. I'll search around on eBay to compare the tube quantities and if I find a larger one will contact the seller(s) to ask for the date of manufacture and lot number.
Sounds good. Please keep me apprised of your search, if you'd be so kind. I'm interested in this a great deal. :001_smile

WOW!! I just received a bottle of Shulton Old Spice from India today! It is exactly what my Dad wore when I was a kid! Totally different than the USA aftershave.

Question ... does anyone know how the current OS "Original" from India and the German OS "Original" compare?

Not talking about the American "Classic" but the non-USA formulation. Or rather formulations, since I suspect that they are different for different markets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom