What's new

Rituals Samurai Secret Cream: review.

Recently I was given a sample pack of Rituals’ shaving products. This product is available in Europe and in Brazil according to their website.
The pack included a face scrub. The shaving cream has a dual purpose also being an AS. The cream is called “Rituals Samurai Secret Cream”. The 2 samples came in a plastic sample bag about 2” in diameter.

To test this I used the scrub first. After the cleaning I wet my face again, as stated on the package, and worked the cream in. The white cream is applied with your fingers, no brush needed. It doesn’t make lather, just spreading out the cream over the stubble.

Hardware was: EJ89L loaded with Gilette 7 O’clock yellow.

The first pass, WTG I felt the pulling very much. Second pass ATG was better. And I did a final XTG in the chin area.
Not better than any other shave, being less smooth.
The AS doesn’t do it for me, too fatty, and doesn’t go into the skin. A fat film is left behind and stays there.
Being a cream, this clogged to the razor and had to be wiped away by hand under the running tab.

My personal conclusion. Although this was an acceptable but boring :bored: shave, there is something missing. And that is: the real lather. The building up and working it in the stubble. It makes for enjoyable moments and adds to the pleasure of shaving: that in my opinion is the whole shaving experience.

Top Bottom