What's new

Newbie pep talk

I want to tell any new guys to straights congrats, and the shaves will get better and better. Im talking to anybody that may think "well I cant get a shave as good as my ten blade cart, but its fun and cool" keep at it and never stop trying to improve your skills. It will get that good. The razor and stuff is a small part of it in my opinion. A long time skilled shaver can get a comfy bbs shave from a well honed $15 3/8 razor, while a gold washed spine worked $600 razor wont do much for a guy on his third straight shave. (but what a way to learn!) keep improving your skills. I still try to get better everytime. most guys are taking to it fast, others struggle a bit. They are the ones im talking to. My first shave was bad lol. And the razor burn nearly fatal. But they got better real fast. And now after I shave its so smooth its like puberty never happened. Keep at it

I want to tell any new guys to straights congrats, and the shaves will get better and better. Im talking to anybody that may think "well I cant get a shave as good as my ten blade cart, but its fun and cool" keep at it and never stop trying to improve your skills. It will get that good. The razor and stuff is a small part of it in my opinion. A long time skilled shaver can get a comfy bbs shave from a well honed $15 3/8 razor, while a gold washed spine worked $600 razor wont do much for a guy on his third straight shave. (but what a way to learn!) keep improving your skills. I still try to get better everytime. most guys are taking to it fast, others struggle a bit. They are the ones im talking to. My first shave was bad lol. And the razor burn nearly fatal. But they got better real fast. And now after I shave its so smooth its like puberty never happened. Keep at it

Great pep talk... you're blade is only as sharp as your technique!

Top Bottom