What's new

Home made razor stand

Before I get you all excited, I have to say that I am neither a skilled craftsman nor the finished product is professional. It is just an attempt to make my own stuff with minimum tools and some spare time on hand. Here it is, made with Bubinga wood and finished with oil/polyurethane; Can hold 5 razors, just had 4 so placed my brush on top of the last slot.. Comments are welcome - be kind, I am only 3 weeks into wet shaving :)

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
thats a great looking stand!!! i would say if you wanted you could cut the right side to be a brush stand! but i would buy one if it was for straights!! ;)

Looking good!! Having acquired a few razors too, I'll need something like that. I just might steal your design, if I may.

All- thanks for the feedback.. I used Bubinga wood (commonly used for guitar making) that is nice and grainy and finishes well.

Jacob/Somkey/Benjaman - thanks for your ideas. I initially thought of cut outs in the ends for brushes, but then ran into the never ending argument about brushes "upside down" or "upright" for drying.. I think they look nice standing upright.. So I might just make a separate brush stand with circular slots to place brushes standing up and with a large circular slot in the center to place a chrome shaving bowl.. Will show how it turns out..

ShavefanGP,

Great looking stand and love the finish. As for the brush cut out, make the cut out so the brush can hang either way. I too would like to copy your design. Won't be ablep to do any woodworking until this summer but am eager to dable a little.

R/
Will

Top Bottom