What's new

Check In, and a nice story

Hello all.

My name is James I'm new here and new to the proper shave,.. picked up my first DE Dec 26 2011 and fell in love at first pass,... well so much so that i upped my game a bit infact most of that arrived today,.. i had some proraso soap and cream, and a col. conk but upped to a castle forbes cedar sandlewood, upped my walmart wilkinson syth brush to a kent blk4 and lol upped my DE to a *sigh* feather artist club rg ya know the one that looks like a butter knife,.. upped it all tonight

at once

still new,... just saying well i was so excited and am such an expert you know watching all the youtube videos and reading all the threads,..(which also means I'm ready for the UFC championship btw) i leaped right on in gung ho

which was mistake number one,... i received a few lessons tonight

1rst... just cause you can whip up great lather with one soap and brush doesn't mean you can do the same right away with a different combination

2nd failing to whip up proper lather doesn't mean you should continue anyway cause "im sure its fine" and i want to get right to that new blade

3rd just cause the first inch long stroke went okay doesn't mean you can swipe away at a greyhounds pace

4th feather ac blade are really sharp,.. really sharp

5th,.. really sharp

and finally a styptic pencil can only do so much,... for future reference one shall practice his technique a bit more and make sure things are done right before such butchery occours again,.... that being said i love my new stuff and cant wait to have another go once the hair stops being afriad and comes back (btw when one is bleeding rather badly after using a DE for a few months it is not wise to load up and old fusion and hurry up before the drippings reach your chin as your face no longer accomidates such a shave !!! lesson learned

Promise

P.S. feather ac blades are really really sharp,... Just saying

Oh i did order a dirtybird scuttle which should be here in four weeks,... i believe this to have been my problem goddness me im such a noob !!! cheers all and heres to cleaner shaves and a better morning :)

Maybe we should welcome you to the hamburger section of the butcher shop then. BTW, I am a major stockholder in the Styptic Corporation. Please, carry on, sir!

Welcome to B&B! Sounds like you're learning pretty quick, I had to stop and make new lather on a few occasions when I was starting out.

thanks everyone for the hellos and advice and laughs cant wait to suubmerge myself into all that everyone has to offer

syngent----welcome. Just remember this....it could be worse, it can always be worse. from what I hear those feather ac's are pretty sharp.

well i took a little more time tonight and things went a lot better still got a little nick but nothing major things are looking up $IMG_20120229_225353.jpg and a proper lather to start things off sure helped is there a break in time with a new badger brush because this just whipped itself up in a mere moment

Top Bottom