What's new

My recent restores

$DSCN6761.jpg$DSCN6763.jpg$DSCN6767.jpg$DSCN6769.jpg
My most recent restores, and a couple of original cousins. The 200T has a 28mm Silvertip, using it tomorrow.

I need to order some knots, I have all those handles except the "Made Rite" second from the right. You make them looks so good, why do I have mine in a box?

Oh yea, I think the 28mm post bloom might be the size of a softball--can't wait. Restoring is so much fun, I really enjoy it. And yes....I have a box full of unfinished project brushes also, just getting to them when I can.

I have to tell you, it's a great brush. Here it is post bloom. The knot is set with 56mm loft, but it's so big that there is still a ton of backbone. I must admit, though, that I used it right off, and the smell was just awfull. Like I discovered a hoard of dead badgers hiding in the knot. I wound up washing it really well in dishwashing soap, and even soaked it overnight in the soap. The made up a couple of lathers and gave it another spin. The smell is gone now. It did give up a few hairs, but that has stopped. I love using this brush. It uses a ton of soap, but it's big, and it's fun. Can't wait to do some more biggies.$DSCN6789.jpg

Last edited:
I think big is the way to go with these handles. I don't like the look of a smaller knot being pinched off at the top of the handle. Looks so much better to me with a large knot in there.

I have another identical handle, curiously it's model is an F40, not a 200T, and it has its original boar in it now. After the success of the 200T, though, I'm thinking of taking the F40 out to 30mm--I think I can make it happen. Ah, the wonder of the Dremel tool. Oh, by the way, I also put a bunch of Benjamin 20cal pellets in the bottom, encased in epoxy. I've done this to several handles, and it gives them a great, heafty feel.

Top Bottom