What's new

W&B For Barbers Use: By mycarver

Alright we all know that mycarver is a miracle worker with rusty blades. But this just blew my mind how this blade turned out. Especially since it had the very deep pitting on the toe. I didn't have a lot of hope for the tang and the makers mark but once again mycarver worked his magic on it and it came out gorgeous. It ended up with a spanish point, cocobolo scales, and the original lead wedge. Alright enough with the talk here's the in progress and final pics.

Before:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yowza!!! Fantastic save. I'm partial to spanish points too... Doesn't look like it got shortened up too much either. Very nice. (LOVE cocobolo)-

Gee,, Thanks Matt,, as well as everyone else. I took you up on your offer and gave it a spin tonight. Man,, what a shaver. These W&B's never seem to disappoint. And this piece just feels so solid in your hand as well. And I just love the width of the blade and the shape. I thought the Spanish point would compliment it very nicely.
As far as the length, none was lost. I kept the edge the same length. There are a few small pits at the very tip but won't get in the way of honing so I was fine with that. The edge is clean all the way.
Actually , it came out better than I expected considering the amount of rust on it. I was in fear of the makers mark but i got it to read pretty well, knowing you wanted to keep it, but had to compromise on the finish around it. I can only take metal off, I haven't figured out how to put it back on,,,LOL..
Thanks Matt for putting your trust in me.
Mark

I would recommend anyone to you for restore work after seeing what this looked like before and what it looks like now. We will do business again my friend.

Here she be. Fresh out of the mailbox with my other acquisition that came today too. Cant wait to shave with it.

proxy.php

How did I let that one slip through my fingers? I should have said "Nope, never got here, must have gotten lost in the mail". LOL.

Top Bottom