What's new

FREE WEEK, SOTD "themed week" February 27th - March 4th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click this: http://captainschoicestore.com/
Fairly new bay rum after shave made by a member on this board. IMHO, this is the best bay rum ever. There are many others, and you can check some of the other threads for recommendations.

k2clones29;

Thank you for providing this link to me. I checked it out, and having not ever bought any Bay Rum before, I think I'll give the 1/4 oz. sampler a go.

A couple of questions; where is Captain's Choice located, and how long do you think it would take for an order to get to Central CA?

Again, thank you.

Hello B&B! This is my first post.

This morning was a sample morning...

1) Sample Bay Rum Shampoo Bar from Ogallala in the shower. It lathers nicely and was quite nice smelling.

2) Sample Mystic Waters Bay Rum Shave Soap. I like it better than Colonel Conk's Bay Rum that I am also trying. The MW seems to be smoother. I think I'll get a puck of this.

3) Sample Ogallala Bay Rum Aftershave. It's nice, but to me it seems almost too sweet smelling. I'm still deliberating on it, and have the whole Ogallala Bonanza box to work through.

Very Bay Rummy. Very nice.

-jonesy

A couple of questions; where is Captain's Choice located, and how long do you think it would take for an order to get to Central CA?

To be honest, I have no idea. When I ordered, it took 3 days to get to me. I'm in upstate NY. So if he is on the left coast, you may get it sooner, the right coast, later, and the central part of the country, the same time? I know he is pretty responsive to orders, so it's not like it's going to take 3 weeks to get.

Hello B&B! This is my first post.

This morning was a sample morning...

1) Sample Bay Rum Shampoo Bar from Ogallala in the shower. It lathers nicely and was quite nice smelling.

2) Sample Mystic Waters Bay Rum Shave Soap. I like it better than Colonel Conk's Bay Rum that I am also trying. The MW seems to be smoother. I think I'll get a puck of this.

3) Sample Ogallala Bay Rum Aftershave. It's nice, but to me it seems almost too sweet smelling. I'm still deliberating on it, and have the whole Ogallala Bonanza box to work through.

Very Bay Rummy. Very nice.

-jonesy

I tend to agree with you about the Ogalla. I like my bay rum to be more spice/clove smelling. The opposite side of the spectrum is DR Harris Bay Rum. The clove smell is prevalent. Same thing with that one, though. You have to be in a particular mood for either of the two. That's why the Captain's Choice is my go-to bay rum because it hits the right balance between sweet and spice.

How did you like the shampoo bar? I have yet to find a good bay rum bath soap. While I love Mama Bear stuff, she is a bit off with her bay rum smell. I'm still looking for a winner.

I tend to agree with you about the Ogalla. I like my bay rum to be more spice/clove smelling. The opposite side of the spectrum is DR Harris Bay Rum. The clove smell is prevalent. Same thing with that one, though. You have to be in a particular mood for either of the two. That's why the Captain's Choice is my go-to bay rum because it hits the right balance between sweet and spice.

How did you like the shampoo bar? I have yet to find a good bay rum bath soap. While I love Mama Bear stuff, she is a bit off with her bay rum smell. I'm still looking for a winner.

I do have a sample of Captain's Choice that I haven't tried yet. I'll give it a go and see what it's like. I have tried Clubman's VI Bay Rum and liked its spice, so if CC is similar I will probably like it.

The bar was the first I had tried, so don't have much to compare with except a regular bar of soap. I will say that it was sweet smelling -- smells just like the Ogallala bay rum AS (go figure) -- and worked a nice feeling lather.

-jonesy

Arko is really underestimated IMHO. I really like it for travel as well. I differ from you though in the fact that I love to face lather. To me, face lathering eliminates a lot of work.

Muhel R89 DE razor...

My blade preference:

Derby
Gillette 7 o clock (blue)
Feather

Preshave lube using Jack Black's Beard Lube (LOVE THIS!)

Muhel R89 DE razor...

My blade preference:

Derby
Gillette 7 o clock (blue)
Feather

Preshave lube using Jack Black's Beard Lube (LOVE THIS!)

I love that stuff too! Kind of pricey but thanks for reminding me! I have to pick some up next time I am downtown.

nrv216

k where is Captain's Choice located, and how long do you think it would take for an order to get to Central CA?

Im on the east coast, and ordered captains choice from west coast shaving, and it was here in less than a week. being on the west coast, i would assume it was be a lot quicker. I love captains choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom