What's new

Noob from Winnipeg

The last blade I used was one I bought in Cuba in January. The hotel shop was selling Vidyut Super-Max Platinum blades for one peso.

~~~those blades have a good rep, & use Brit, Swede and JAP steel...if you liked them you may want to try Rapira, which I find a bit sharper

As for soap, I use Proraso in the tube or in the cup, mainly.

~~~I'm really diggin Proraso in the tub lately...have used it off and on & if you like this soap and haven't tried their (Proraso) Pre Shave Cream, do so. Great combination using the pre shave cream for, pre shaving. the menthol hit is incredible but I like how slick this soap (Proraso) enables my blades to scoot across my face. My current favorite Italian shave soap

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Welcome here Nicky66! Good to have another Winnipegger here! I just moved out of the city last year, down just outside of Morden. I'm curious, where did you find a 37c locally? I've found a few places locally to get some gear, but haven't seen any Razors, aside from the Antique stores. I'm Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad, that's gotta be tough.

Theres a little German deli on Portage, nearish to Arlington somewhere (on the south side) Where you can get Tabac EdT, as well as European Palmolive Cream. I haven't really gotten anything else shaving related there, but there is more. I think I saw Speick Bath soap there as well.

Sallys has Clubman AS, and Talc, as well as Masters Bay Rum.

Im sure one of the Granola stores around has Thayers Witch Hazel.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Seems like we should put together a Winnipeg thread, and consolidate some information.

Everett

Thanks for the info, Everett! Where's Sallys? I'll try to find that German deli.

I bought my Merkur at Humboldt's Legacy. They only brought in a few, and I lucked out in grabbing the second last one.

I like your idea of the Winnipeg thread. Brucered sent me some good tips too. I'll forward the PM he sent me.

Thanks for the info, Everett! Where's Sallys? I'll try to find that German deli.

I bought my Merkur at Humboldt's Legacy. They only brought in a few, and I lucked out in grabbing the second last one.

I like your idea of the Winnipeg thread. Brucered sent me some good tips too. I'll forward the PM he sent me.

The Deli is at the corner of Portage and Sherburn, just a few blocks west of Arlington. South West Corner.

Sallys, The only 2 I know of are Regent and Lag area I believe, and Kenaston-McGillivray, in the strip mall by Costco. I have heard that theres a few places around town that carry Thayers WH. Check out: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Manitoba_Shopping_and_Suppliers

Let me know if you have any other questions. Seems like we should put together a Winnipeg thread, and consolidate some information.

Everett

what about a WINNIPEG group? is there any interest.

might be useful, or at least if we had everyone's email so we could set up local trades etc...in fact, i'm meeting up with Diesel today for the 1st time to do a trade/buy.

Winnipeg is known for frugal/cheap...i'm all for local pickup, trades, swaps, samples etc. i'm lucky enough to work with another B&B member (penamanship), so it works out well for office orders to save on shipping etc.

WINNIPEGER'S UNITE :lol:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
what about a WINNIPEG group? is there any interest.

might be useful, or at least if we had everyone's email so we could set up local trades etc...in fact, i'm meeting up with Diesel today for the 1st time to do a trade/buy.

Winnipeg is known for frugal/cheap...i'm all for local pickup, trades, swaps, samples etc. i'm lucky enough to work with another B&B member (penamanship), so it works out well for office orders to save on shipping etc.

WINNIPEGER'S UNITE :lol:
You could always just have a dedicated 'PEG thread in the "Shaving Canada" group?

Top Bottom