What's new

Any vegetarians or vegan's out there?

I made Lentils the other day....
I sauteed half an onion chopped, carrots chopped, garlic, imaginary celery(I was out :censored:).
Added lintils, shredded kale and a chopped potatoe, water and brought to a boil.
Added a whole onion chopped in half, a whole head of garlic chopped in half and a bay leaf salt and pepper.
then put in 350 degree oven for an hour.

MMMMmmmmm good

My diet is most vegetarian (about 6 months now), and I can say it's been the best decision I've made for my health. On occasion, I'll have fish or chicken (maybe once a month if that), but that's when I'm on business trips and when salad options aren't the best quality or lack originality (house and Cesar salads get old really quick when on the road for weeks at a time). The motto I follow is "No diet is a one size fits all". If you like meat and it works for you, eat, eat, eat to your hearts content. If veges are your calling, then more power to you. In the end, it's your body. Good luck to you and may your palate enjoy what greens have to offer.

I make it fairly thick. In fact I make a pot and eat from it for several days. I typically add water when re heating.

Vegan checking in. I can/will post dishes once i actually write them down. I cook with a spice cabinet and what i have in the fridge so usually everything is on the fly and alot of it is asian/indian influenced with very basic kitchen skills required.

I've been vegan for five years and vegetarian for six. Protein hasn't been a problem so long as I eat a big enough meal and one that isn't horribly unbalanced. (Remember that all life forms are made in part from proteins. Oh, and many of the largest and strongest animals to have lived on this planet have been herbivores.) The biggest realization for me has been to make sure that I include enough fat in my meals, since that's not obvious if you eat meat and dairy. I love beans and leafy greens, which probably has helped with iron deficiency not being a problem.

I don't have a problem with B12 deficiency. Soy milk (for those soy lattes and occasionally cereal) is usually fortified with it if store bought. If you really care, leave some of the dirt on your organic vegetable roots. Soil microbes are where cows get it anyway. Or, if you want, use some nutritional yeast (nice to use instead of parmesan on pasta). A vegan friend of mine actually has too much B12 in her body because of that stuff.

Oh, and Ethiopians have killer vegan dishes. Like, if I had to eat only one type of cuisine for the rest of eternity, that'd be it.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
We need more recipes people.

What is your . . . simple vegan go to meal?
What is the vegan meal that is irresistible?

Omnivore folk. . .

Best vegan dish you go back to time and time again? (if pressed I can share my tofu, pepper, tomato, spinach fry up my wife and I have for breakfast frequently)
Best coleslaw or salad?

Come on guys . . . I'm sure we all do ratatouille, roasted egg plant, rice dishes, etc.

Top Bottom