What's new

COPY and paste, NOT CUT and paste! Aaaargh!

I have just somehow lost 50 shots from my SD card while browsing on my laptop. Fifty black and white street candids, at least 10 of which are.....or WERE as good as I've ever done in my short time using a camera. I was so proud of myself as I was reviewing them in a cafe this afternoon. They are NOT in my recycle bin or any other file- I've spent an hour looking. Meanwhile, the shots I took to check exposure are all there.
I'm sick.
So, the hard lesson I've learned today is copy and paste, then put the SD card back into the camera, then check the pictures are in your laptop, THEN and only then, delete them.

Check out photorec....... I have never needed to use it, but I have heard some good reports.

Sorry to here of this.

I thought when I saw the title though that you were referring to Paste & Cut, the Australian Shave Forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
They're gone
I downloaded recovermyfile.exe which is very good and managed to recover 8,000 files from my C and D drives, but only 1 deleted file from my card. Maybe if I hadn't taken that one photo to make sure the card was working they'd still be there. I'll just have to put it down to experience. My colleague just informed me by text that he lost all data on an entire card without uploading a single shot, when going through customs in Thailand. At least I'm still 1 mile away from the place I got mine. I cannot understand why it only deleted half of them and the bad half at that! I had 25 shots of TREES before I realised there was no getting round the fact they were boring, no matter how well-exposed. Anyway, there were a coupe of usable shots left in my laptop. These are definitely the B sides though.

Attachments

• $DSC_0093.jpg
    $DSC_0093.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 62
  • $DSC_0092.jpg
    $DSC_0092.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 61
  • $DSC_0099.jpg
    $DSC_0099.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 62
  • $DSC_0102.jpg
    $DSC_0102.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 62
  • $DSC_0098.jpg
    $DSC_0098.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 62
I had a similar experience. I gave my son my old phone as I upgraded to a newer one. Well on that phone were many firsts with my daughter. First time at Monterey beach at the ocean, Monterey bay aquarium etc. Not two days later I asked for the phone so I could download the MOVIES &PICTURES .............and he had deleted them! This was a big heartbreaker. Like you a lesson learned. Copy &paste first then give the phone away.

Top Bottom