What's new

Very First EdT -- how to apply?

Well, Mrs Elliott got home and I asked her to do the sniff test. She did not find Grey Flannel attractive. I kind of liked the base note in a soapy kind of way -- Lever 2000 or something.

So...this one gets categorized here as a "wear it for myself but don't go overboard" scents.

Next, I'll see what she and I think of the Green Irish Tweed.

Also got some untried Yardley's Lavender.

Well, Mrs Elliott got home and I asked her to do the sniff test. She did not find Grey Flannel attractive. I kind of liked the base note in a soapy kind of way -- Lever 2000 or something.

So...this one gets categorized here as a "wear it for myself but don't go overboard" scents.

Next, I'll see what she and I think of the Green Irish Tweed.

Also got some untried Yardley's Lavender.

In my opinion, you can never go wrong with a lavender. Try some Agua Lavanda Puig, it fades down close to the skin very quickly though.

I'm always surprised about the odd responses that Grey Flannel gets here. I guess that before joining B&B I never really talked to anybody about what they thought about these things. I started wearing Grey Flannel in the 80s and I never get anything but compliments about it. Smells fantastic. Of course, you want to go easy with it when you put it on the first time, but it's a great fragrance.

Welcome to the Frag forum Jack!

Don't mind the comments on Grey Flannel. That's a very polarizing scent here. Find what you (and your wife) like, and enjoy it!
I also do not care for the applicator wands and second the idea of buying some decant bottles to put your samples in.
Lastly, we have some wonderful vendors here that sell samples of many, many different colognes, edts, etc. I would recommend checking out their offerings, but be warned this can be a very expensive hobby! Here's some links to their threads/websites, and you can find more of their posts in the vendor section. Get in on splits and the spotlight fragrances too!
http://stinkandstain.weebly.com/
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ntine-s-Day-Sale-February-Updates!?highlight=
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/278425-Archerfire-Decants-2-25?highlight=

The violet leaf is what makes me dislike it. when i spray it on I think wow such a rich true green scent...after 20 minutes its like i'm being beat over the head with violets and it doesn't go away for HOURS. I keep waiting for the oakmoss and sandalwood but all I smell is violet leaves...

Funny because I really love Gucci PH II and it has a prominent violet leaf note but that note fades after 10 minutes...

something tells me you're getting beaten over the head by the oakmoss, not the violet leaf. the oakmoss is even more dominant in Grey Flannel.

"If you do not want to reek, do not wear Grey Flannel."

You may be right. I like it, but Mrs Elliott is due home shortly and I shall ask her. I consider her opinion about this fragrance to be paramount. The ladies at the strip club expressed appreciation for the scent, but the demimonde cannot be trusted.

I think the stuff is cheap, disgusting and wannabe. Perfect for the strip club though, although I doubt the girls will lie to you since all they smell is $20 bills

Top Bottom