What's new

RazoRock - Which scent do you prefer?

I've seen some raving reviews about RazoRock "Cream Soaps" and it seems like really great stuff.
Before i get some for myself, i'm wondering what scent i should try.

Attachments

• $RazoRockSilvertip.jpg
    $RazoRockSilvertip.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 317
D

Deleted member 48987

I think you should try XXX, it's the most popular and I can vouch for its great performance myself. I think it's hard to go wrong with their line, so I would steer you in the direction of your own preferences.

They all have great scents but my favorite is in the artisan line: Napoleon's Violet. It may be that violet is an underutilized frag so it sticks out in my mind but it is nice. The new eucalyptus is nice and fresh. The only scents that pedestrian, IMHO are the Caprician Lemon and Third Eye. They still create wicked good lather.

Before i get some for myself, i'm wondering what scent i should try.

Everyone will be happy to tell you their own favorite (King Louis for me), but perhaps we could give you better guidance if you tell us what types of scents you generally prefer.

I'm curious about RazoRock myself, so let me ask: what is the consistency of the soap? Is it a hard soap or a soft (i.e. like Proraso/Omega soaps)? And how is the cream?

Everyone will be happy to tell you their own favorite (King Louis for me), but perhaps we could give you better guidance if you tell us what types of scents you generally prefer.
The problem there is that im pretty new to wet shaving and havent tried a lot of things. I'm not really sure of what scents I like, could you suggest a way of trying different ones out? maybe a good sampler?

The problem there is that im pretty new to wet shaving and havent tried a lot of things. I'm not really sure of what scents I like, could you suggest a way of trying different ones out? maybe a good sampler?
Well, just in general. Do you like earthy, floral, herbal, fruity scents? Unfortunately there are no RR samplers. Some others (QCS comes to mind) offer samplers if you're just trying to find out what kind of scents you prefer.

Edit: I missed your previous post. XXX was their first product (IIRC), and it's certainly very well-regarded. I liked it. In fact dieselfuel up there is the first person I've seen say he didn't like XXX. Scent is such a YMMV thing. The good thing is, XXX is popular enough that, if in fact you don't like it, you likely won't have any problem unloading it on the BST.

Last edited:
I love Razorock! XXX is my favorite. I just received Fresco (haven't tried yet) and Boston Tea Party in the Artisan series (Very nice but I still like XXX better.)

I'm curious about RazoRock myself, so let me ask: what is the consistency of the soap? Is it a hard soap or a soft (i.e. like Proraso/Omega soaps)? And how is the cream?

The soaps are of the "soft" variety. Similar consistency to Cella.

The creams are only a few degrees softer. Very dense as creams go, similar consistency to Castle Forbes.

XXX is a wonderful soap, I loved the lather and the scent. Unfortunately if burned my skin and I had to trade it away. Of the Fresco, classic and XXX, the XXX was my favorite scent.

XXX has a wonderful scent but doesn't agree with my face, unfortunately. I just gave it to a co-worker as a matter of fact. I love Chianti Lavender also and have tried many others. Caprician Lemon and King Louis are on their way from Joe; can't wait to try them. You certainly won't go wrong with the quality of the lather of any of the soaps, it is a matter of dialing in your fragrance preference. So, buy them all and PIF the ones you don't like to me. :drool:

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
it's one of the Artisan soaps but the Mughetto di Bologna is my favorite.

Same! Great stuff.

FWIW, Marco, our resident expert on all shaving things Italian, prefers the Artisan line. That does not negate the YMMV aspect of lather preferences, to be sure, and he thinks the XXX line is also a quality product, but I tried the Artisan line first ... based on Marco's observation, I'm sticking with it. You will likely love the XXX, but do give the Artisan line a try, just to see how they compare for you.

Top Bottom