Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackheads eww

Default Blackheads eww

I've had black heads on mainly my nose for the last 10 years, I've tried regular exfoliating, cleansing/toning and the other areas around my face are clear, I've really hit a brick wall with it.

My skin is not super oily, and it isn't dry either, but my nose always seems oilier than the rest of my face.

Has anyone out there come across a solution that works :(

Embarrassing that my face grew out of pimples but I m still plauged by these.

Any help/suggestions is apreciated.
    The Kiwi Shaver.

Have you tried St Ives? I think they have one for blackheads specifically.
    Muhle R41+Feather | Mike's Orange & Bay Rum, MWF, DR Harris Arlington, AOS Sandalwood

Images

Wash your face a couple of times of day with a sensitive soap like Cetaphil. Then, use a moisturizer (this keeps oil build up in check). The last time you wash you face get a piece of alum and rub your nose good with it. Rinse with gold water and rub witch hazel on it. This has worked for me.
    [URL="http://www.kronakruiserrazors.com"]www.kronakruiserrazors.com[/URL]

Images

Go to a dermatologist, they normally can prescribe you some good stuff. If you go see if you can get a hold of Epiduo, it is Adapalene mixed with Benzoyl Peroxide. Essentially it is an all in one cream, that will almost definitely get rid of blackheads.
    The cream is not cheap though because Adapalene is a retinoid, however you use such a tiny amount (even less if it is just your nose), one tube should last you way over a year.
    I used this stuff for a while, and when combined with a good moisturizer it is incredibly effective.

Edit: Just took this off the manufacturers website:
    Benzoyl peroxide is one of the two effective ingredients in Epiduo Gel. It kills the bacteria that cause breakouts.
    Adapalene is a type of retinoid, and the other ingredient in Epiduo Gel. It unclogs blocked pores.

Last edited by Prof. Moriarty; 02-24-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent.
    -Till- Steward in the General Shaving Section
    Love B&B? Please support it!

its when you got blackheads in your ears...now THATS annoying..hehe..goes away in a few days..no biggie.

Thanks for some of the suggestions guys, to go to a dermatologist off the street here is roughly $200 new Zealand dollars, I would have to get a referral from a doctor to get it cheaper, I guess I didn't see it as a type of problem that I would t need to see a dermatologist about, was hoping there would be an "off the shelf" product people had success with.

Some good suggestions though please keep them coming, there has to be more products and methods to help with this kind of thing.
    The Kiwi Shaver.

7. Default

While it won't prevent blackheads (regular washing and healthy eating is your best bet), there is a product that does a great job removing them. It's from Biore and it's basically a type of tape that you wet, apply to the nose (they also make shapes good for the forehead, chin, etc), let it dry and when you slowly remove, it pulls all the gunk out of the blackhead. Very effective and kind of cool:

http://www.drugstore.com/biore-ultra...trips/qxp92371

Thanks but I've tried those pore cleaning strips and there rubbish! My blackheads seem greasey and the plugs don't get pulled out by them, in the health side, I eat extremely well and am very fit, exercise every day etc.

Might have to take Profs advice and see a doctor.
    The Kiwi Shaver.

My skin cancer Dr. prescribed Tretinoin 0.025 % cream when I asked how to get rid of the blackheads on my nose. Really does work.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26493

Works better for me than any soap I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot of them.

I have the exact same issue as the OP. Hadn't thought of trying a moisturizer as it seems counterintuitive... anything's worth a try though.

have you considered sauna?? I find that after a sauna I can take a perfectly clean white towel and wipe nastiness off my body/face with it, even if I had just showered before the sauna... I find that it helps me a good bit.
    Don't like your job? There's a support group called Everybody & they meet at the bar.

Some interesting ideas about the oil, don't have any castor oil in the cupboard, got some olive oil though.

I wash with dove 1/4 moisturizing soap, and I don't scrub my nose hard with it.
    The Kiwi Shaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivasanti View Post
    Some interesting ideas about the oil, don't have any castor oil in the cupboard, got some olive oil though.
    I wouldn't bother without the castor oil. It's the cleaner. The other oil is just there as a carrier/moisturizer.

One interesting idea I read:
    One trick I like to use for dissolving blackheads is earwax removers. But before using an earwax remover, place protective gloves on your hands. The gloves will stop the earwax remover from seeping into your fingers and irritating your skin.Only apply the earwax remover to areas plagued with blackheads. Let the wax remover stay on the skin for one to two minutes. Rinse away the wax remover with warm water
    What you should see after you remove the earwax remover is little yellowish-white strings of oils rising from your skin. This happens because you have removed the "cap" on your pores and now the your skin's oils are starting to flow again. This is what you want, natural oil flow in your skin.
    I haven't tried it yet. Personally I just lather over my nose when I shave. Seems to cut down the blocked pores quite a bit.
    Ray.

Definitely gona try this oil trick, would I do it after getting out the shower I.e after I've washed my face?
    The Kiwi Shaver.

I've always had a nose full of blackheads, clean them out and they come right back.
    The Name's Rob & "I'm Shaving Through History, One Razor At A Time"

Quote Originally Posted by Vivasanti View Post
    Definitely gona try this oil trick, would I do it after getting out the shower I.e after I've washed my face?
    The "oil trick" IS washing your face. No soap needed. I massage the oil in before getting into the shower, and let the steam of the shower take the place of all the hot towel stuff. Just easier and less mess for me. I rinse my face well at the end of the shower, and then after the shower I don't wipe or dry the area I'm going to shave. Can consider the oil as pre-shave if you want.

Tretinoin, Retin-A, Differin....all prescription topical creams/gels. You should be able to get it any of these from your regular Dr.