What's new

Blast from the past: The Kent B&B LE 2008

It's been a while since I've used this fantastic brush.
I'll bet there's quite a few of you out there who have not seen the Kent B&B LE '08.
The knot is on the small side, but I can tell you this is the best face lathering brush I've ever come across.
It destroys any soap you can put to it.
The knot is soft with good backbone. In typical Kent fashion it holds a ton of water and has excellent release of the lather.

Attachments

• $bnbLE2008.jpg
    $bnbLE2008.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 682
I can't believe it's been 4 years since we did that one.... man time flys. Glad you're still enjoying it.

strop

Now half as wise
I've been looking at Kent brushes recently. How does this compare by size to their current offerings?

I've been looking at Kent brushes recently. How does this compare by size to their current offerings?

It would be closest to the BK 4 , but the hair is different and it has a shorter loft.

The closest you'll get is to have a custom TGN Finest made with the same specs.
But the secret to this brush is that amazing knot. It's just superb.

I used my '09 LE today. What an amazing brush. It's in constant rotation. With a gun to my head, it would be my only brush. Fortunately I don't have to make that choice!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have mine in my current "on the bathroom counter" rotation.

Love it. :001_wub:

Unless you're laser focused on the shape of the '08 - keep your eyes out for the '09, there were like 2X more sold, so they're easier to come by.

It's because I tried the 09 that I want the 08. I did a temporary brush swap with Gogo and got to try his 09. I loved the knot but the handle was too thin for me. The handle of this 08 looks like it will feel pretty good in the hand.

oh and Maxman. What's the Rooney standing proudly over the Kent?

The Kent B&B LE 2008 was (and still is) a fantastic brush!

Attachments

• $Screen Shot 2012-02-25 at 3.54.26 AM.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2012-02-25 at 3.54.26 AM.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 307
It's because I tried the 09 that I want the 08. I did a temporary brush swap with Gogo and got to try his 09. I loved the knot but the handle was too thin for me. The handle of this 08 looks like it will feel pretty good in the hand.

oh and Maxman. What's the Rooney standing proudly over the Kent?

Why that would be a Rooney Heritage Chubby 2. A fantastic brush. The densest brush I've ever seen.

The Kent LE '08 has turned out to be my favorite brush, bar none. I use mine virtually all the time. In 4 years it's lost maybe 4-5 hairs. Maybe. This thing is a piece of functional art. :thumbup1:

I was luck enough to score one of these from a WTB I posted last year, definitely one of my Top 5 brushes and one I will never part with!

Why that would be a Rooney Heritage Chubby 2. A fantastic brush. The densest brush I've ever seen.

I knew it! You my friend have two brushes on my wish list. If you have a Finest in size 2 that would be 3. There was a 3-band heritage Rooney chubby 2 that was on the BST a few weeks ago that I was late to get on. It looks like it's a great brush.

Top Bottom