What's new

Restored Brush for Wounded Warrior....Pics

Hi guys. After a lengthy hospital stay a while back I decided to get involved in some projects with local Wounded Warriors to try to bring a little extra joy to their lives. I found a few of them to be beginner wet shavers, or wet shavers using very basic gear due to lack of funds, so I thought I would put together some packages for a few of them.

Doing most of this out of my own pocket, I decided it would be better to restore vintage brushes with TGN knots than it would to try and buy several new Rooneys. After having a few of these outstanding young men and their families over for dinner a few times, and letting them look at all of my shave gear, they all seemed to really like the vintage "Barber's Handle" style brushes. So, I set out to find a few to restore.

The one pictured in this thread is a brush I found in really bad shape at an antique store, and spent a very long time first fixing, and then restoring the handle itself, and then setting the knot. It is an AnchOrset made in Hardright, USA that I chose to set a TGN 24mm Finest XH two band in at a loft height of 50mm. I am a terrible photographer, so you probably can't tell in the pictures, but this brush turned out fantastic, and it's new owner is really enjoying it as we speak.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank B&B's very own hig789 for donating a brush handle to this cause out of the kindness of his own heart. These "Barber's Handle" style brushes/handles have proven difficult for me to come by in decent shape, and when I contacted him to ask if he knew of anybody who might have some for sale, he pulled a very nice Century #4 brush handle off of an eBay auction and insisted on donating it. Look for a write up on that brush soon!

I will be putting together more brushes and some restored straights, and DE razors as well as entire shave kits including soaps, creams, balms, etc.., as I get them together, and if y'all are interested I will post pics of the completed kits. Also, I would like to say thanks to B&B for all of it's members and vendors for all of the help, knowledge, and generosity provided here. It makes doing things like this a lot easier when you need a question answered. Now for the good part.....Pics!!!!

Pre-Bloom

proxy.php

Pre-Bloom

proxy.php

Post-Bloom shot after I test lathered it the first time....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

proxy.php

Fantastic idea, I wish you the best of luck. Might it be an idea to ask if TGN will do a discount as these brushes are going to a good cause?

Top Bottom