What's new

FYI about Georgetown G5 scuttles

I'd been wanting a nice scuttle lately and haven't wanted to spend the long buck just to see if I'd like it. The cold Vermont winters demand hot lather. On a whim I called Georgetown Pottery to inquire as to whether they had seconds of their G5 scuttle. They do, in several colors, priced at $30 rather than the list of $45 (plus $11 shipping). Mine arrived the next day! No waiting. If there is a flaw or blemish that makes it a second, it's not of any significance. I'm pleased.

So if anyone's interested. You've got to call and ask them. I think it's a good deal.

Cold vermont winters? Oh stop it! :laugh:

I've been living in Vermont for about 6 months so this is only my first winter but boy is it mild up here this year!

I must have brought the warmer weather up with me from southwestern Virginia, you're welcome!

PICS? come on really guys...you buy a new scuttle and describe it :001_tt2:

let's see a dry shot or lather shot?

nice pickup, the G5 is a fine looking piece.

ps...i'm just busting your chops about the description, but a picture would be sweet.

As promised. Hamada/blue.

Attachments

• $IMG_3623.jpg
    $IMG_3623.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 191
  • $IMG_3624.jpg
    $IMG_3624.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 192
  • $IMG_3626.jpg
    $IMG_3626.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 192
  • $IMG_3627.jpg
    $IMG_3627.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 191
Whatever the flaw is that makes it a second, it's minor enought to not matter to me. I think it's a spot or 2 that is considered a flaw in the glaze.

Top Bottom