What's new

Question about Maestro Livi razors

That's a good point. I've seen other references to unhappy Livi customers so I'm trying to gauge how much stock to put in the criticism. Is there really an issue there or is this just the general dissatisfaction of any customer base? Most complaints I see are regarding the finish/polish and the fit (I assume they mean the fit of the razor inside the scales).

I believe criticisms to be objective. Owners of high end custom razor expect high end performances. The fact it is artisanal work does not forgive average performances. It's not a decorative object, it's a shaving tool and must shave better than a 200 USD Solingen if it costs 5 times more...

Did I try one ? No, I have never tried one, but Livi's users (Italians and Americans) strongly recommended to stay away from such a razor when I wished to buy a custom.
Is it a reason to condemn Livi's razors ? Certainly not and some fellows out there might be extremely happy with their Livi.

It was Just my (other) 2 cts

I believe criticisms to be objective. Owners of high end custom razor expect high end performances. The fact it is artisanal work does not forgive average performances. It's not a decorative object, it's a shaving tool and must shave better than a 200 USD Solingen if it costs 5 times more...

Did I try one ? No, I have never tried one, but Livi's users (Italians and Americans) strongly recommended to stay away from such a razor when I wished to buy a custom.
Is it a reason to condemn Livi's razors ? Certainly not and some fellows out there might be extremely happy with their Livi.

It was Just my (other) 2 cts

Totally. It makes perfect sense that anyone purchasing such a razor is going to expect a perfect shave ready razor that is immaculate upon delivery. They'll probably even expect it to make a cup of coffee and a sandwich for them as well. Completely understandable and I'm not trying to be sarcastic. :)

Another question, in some of Livi's videos, the client he is making the razors for states that the razors have the typical "Livi sensation" left on the face after shaving. I was wondering if anyone can comment on this "sensation". What is it? Have you experienced it? Is it really a thing?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Another question, in some of Livi's videos, the client he is making the razors for states that the razors have the typical "Livi sensation" left on the face after shaving. I was wondering if anyone can comment on this "sensation". What is it? Have you experienced it? Is it really a thing?

I know that if you're using a really good straight razor (well tempered and ground) that's really well honed, the shave is impressive and has 'legs' under it, that is, the 5 o'clock shadow comes at about midnight. Other than that - saying he has really good razors that are really well honed - I don't think there is such a thing. Unless he sprinkles them with magical 'Livi dust' on the way out the door.

Cheers, Steve

Livi "sensation," is that the marks his file work leaves on my strop? Or perhaps the effect from a wonky shoulder? Lol

Well, I just purchased a Livi Razor.

I checked out Bill Ellis razors and there was just too much negativity.
No returns.
You get what I deliver.
If you don't like it, don't buy it.

So, I did not buy his razor.

Just my $.02 cents, judgebc

Top Bottom