What's new

I need a new Splash for Spring

Here's what I have in current inventory:
proxy.php
I don't really care for the 74. Love the Speick, Mark Cross(no more of that around) and Romeo Gigli. So I'm not against an alcohol splash. I have Old Spice and like it. What great classic spashes and I missing? I don't care for menthol, which rules out quite a bit. I leave myself in the hands of the great Noses around here. Thanks!

Attachments

• $2012-02-22_19-51-57_436.jpg
    $2012-02-22_19-51-57_436.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
4711 is great for spring weather: a short-lived burst of citrus, and pretty good skin care. You might also try Musgo Real classic.

I think it might be better if I ask for recommendations from you! There are some mighty fine scents in that collection!

I recently tried St. Lucia Citrocol Lime in a sampler from Garry and think it would be a great spring AS. The only "complaint" (depending upon your preferences) is that the aroma doesn't stay with you very long.

You've got some nice frag houses there. Have you considered a Trumper, Floris or Penhaligons? Lots of scents to choose from. These guys are pretty much alcohol and scent but for spring/summer that's OK and their scents are awesome.

I recently tried St. Lucia Citrocol Lime in a sampler from Garry and think it would be a great spring AS. The only "complaint" (depending upon your preferences) is that the aroma doesn't stay with you very long.

Unfortunately most citrus scents have a short longevity

IF you want classic American A/S's try the whole Clubman line and Skin Bracer, plus they are cheap in comparison to what is in your picture.

You've got some nice frag houses there. Have you considered a Trumper, Floris or Penhaligons? Lots of scents to choose from. These guys are pretty much alcohol and scent but for spring/summer that's OK and their scents are awesome.

Big fan of Trumpers line. What frag do you recommend?

Big fan of Trumpers line. What frag do you recommend?

I'm a big fan of Trumper Wild Fern and I'll use that kind of scent in the spring in New England but not summer. Some would think a fougere like that would be more appropriate in cooler seasons. For slightly more modern Trumper scents I like Eucris and GFT. I haven't sampled a lot of Trumper but they have an extensive catalog.

I like Floris Santal and Penhaligons English Fern (sucker for sandalwood and all things fougere)

Thanks Dave. The Trumper Wild Fern sounds intriguing, and I might get more mileage out of it here than you would in New England. Summer doesn't usually arrive here until August and never before July 5th.

You might like Trumper's Spanish Leather. It's a bright tannic scent, not a heavy leather. One of my faves, and just right for spring, I think.

Top Bottom