What's new

Place to find things in Ottawa (and region), Canada

I am wondering if there's anyone from my town, and if they found stores that carry anything worth while.

What I've found so far:

Walmart: Wilkinson Sword blue tub soap, Williams soap, Wilkinson Sword brush

Pharmaprix (Hull/Gatineau side): Omega brushes, Proraso soaps and creams, they had Wilkinson Sword blades for $5+ for 5 blades, but they don't appear to have those anymore, at least for now.

One shaving and such store in St-Laurent shopping center, where all items I saw were easily double/triple the prices that we see online. Very low selection of brushes and a few razors... I saw the prices and walked out without bothering to note the brands and models.

One smaller but similar store at the Galeries de Hull... only 1-2 razors and brushes. Same at Promenade de l'Outaouais in Gatineau. Just ridiculous prices, for example: stands (the metal wire type) for $100+

We don't appear to have many, if any antique stores... I've yet to think of one... will have to check.

I am wondering if there's anyone from my town, and if they found stores that carry anything worth while.

What I've found so far:

Walmart: Wilkinson Sword blue tub soap, Williams soap, Wilkinson Sword brush

Pharmaprix (Hull/Gatineau side): Omega brushes, Proraso soaps and creams, they had Wilkinson Sword blades for $5+ for 5 blades, but they don't appear to have those anymore, at least for now.

One shaving and such store in St-Laurent shopping center, where all items I saw were easily double/triple the prices that we see online. Very low selection of brushes and a few razors... I saw the prices and walked out without bothering to note the brands and models.

One smaller but similar store at the Galeries de Hull... only 1-2 razors and brushes. Same at Promenade de l'Outaouais in Gatineau. Just ridiculous prices, for example: stands (the metal wire type) for $100+

We don't appear to have many, if any antique stores... I've yet to think of one... will have to check.

Hi there! There are a few of us on the board from Ottawa.

Best to look at the shopping wiki

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Ontario_Shopping_and_Suppliers

From the Botega, to the barber supply on Bank street, to the Istanbul food market on Carling there are some real gems to shop at! We can find Trumpers, Arko, Booster, Clubman, and many others right here in town! Don't get me started on the great Ontario Internet shops as well (such as fendrihan and Itallian Barber)!

You don't have to go too far, just have to know where to look! :)

Hi there! There are a few of us on the board from Ottawa.

You don't have to go too far, just have to know where to look! :)

Thanks... this site is so big that I'd never find these things 'cause, I never know where to start...

And now I know where the stores are.

5 hours away from Ottawa is Classicedge

Italian Barber is in Richmond Hill

Fendrihan is in Oakville

Crown Shaving Co. (whose products are very good) is in Toronto, I believe.

if I am correct Fendrihan and Italian Barber won't see you in person, Classicedge will by appointment, don't know about Crown.

If you are near Toronto and want a great wet shaving experience go to Menessentials at 412 Danforth. You will not be disappointed shave wise and they have good restaurants nearby.

I stopped in Stroked Ego on Bank the other day and was peasantly surprised with the amount of shave gear they had. grabbed an Alum block and drooled over some of the other stuff!

Stopped by http://www.mideastfoods.com/ on St-Laurent Blvd today and picked up 3 tubes of Gada shave cream which is made in Lebanon. http://rikan.info/gadashaving.htm

Paid around $3 per tube but each scent was priced differently :huh:. Now head down there, pick up some nice baked goods and some shave cream!

I was just in Ottawa for vacation (flew back home today, as a matter of fact) and drove by this place at least a dozen times. I wish I had know this a few weeks ago. I would have stopped in and picked up some cream and some baked goodies.

I just order my stuff online. It gets here pretty quick.

I scoured all the thrift shops but I haven't found a razor yet, although I did find a pretty sweet collection on Kijiji at a giveaway price.

Top Bottom