What's new

Body Shop Macca Root

I go this in a PIF Tuesday and decided to give it a whirl! Smell reminds me of TOBS Mr. Taylor, I think but a bit more subdued. Maybe more like TOBS sensitive. Regular routine of hot shower, soak the pure badger from Whippeddog and then started to lather. Added little bits of water throughout the process and in under a minute had a really good amount of thick lather. Smell was even more subdued after lathering. After three passes with my Futur and Personna Blue and cleanup, I still had a decent amount of lather leftover. Very good slickness during the shave and after rinsing my skin felt good. It was a BBS! Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who likes creams. Thumbs up for me! :001_smile

Have some of the stuff, I really do not like it. Yes the shave is very good, however I don't think the Maca Root agrees with me. When I have the lather on my face it does not feel comfortable (bit of a stinging sensation). Also am not fond of the consistency of the cream itself (slimy goop), although to be fair after making a lather it is much better. Anyways YMMV.

It's a very good cream. The smell took a bit of getting used to, not that it's offensive, it's just different than what I would usually seek out. I'm over it now, think it smells pretty good, actually.

I've been using the Body Shop Shave Cream for the last 20+ years (mainly because it was the only good stuff available where I live, and I hated goop in a can). I can tell you that this stuff is probably the best stuff I have ever used. The only complaint I have about it, is that since I am now a little older, I prefer a shave cream to have a nice or strong scent to it, and the Maca Root to me doesn't have a scent.
If I could combine the Maca Root cream with a Sandalwood scent, it would be top dog!
For me, I am really into the Italian shave soaps like XXX, and Proraso cream.

I love that I can buy this cream locally. I don't mind the price because it lasts so long. Moisturizes good as well.

This was one of the first shaving creams that i bought and i really dont like it. I cant stand the smell and something about the way the cream looks in the tub turns me off. The lather is okay, somewhat comparable to TOBS but i wouldnt recommend it. Mine has been sitting in my washroom unused for years.

I agree about the feel on my skin...I seem to react to this and break out in a rash on my neck. It lathers great, and the smell does take some getting used to, but I just can't use it.

Love the stuff! The scent isn't my favorite, but it's not bad. The performance is fantastic, and it leaves my face feeling moisturized.

Top Bottom