What's new

If I were to Try One Aqua Velva-----Which One?

Sorry if this has been asked many times before, and yes I have read a lot about it and yes there are lots of different opinions about it.

My position is someone has gladly offered to send me one bottle of AV to me here in Oz, and the $64 question is which one should I choose?

If there is any similarity with Tabac or Old Spice or something as classic as those I may be in trouble, as the wife has declared war on me wearing Tabac :cursing:

Cheers
John

You can't go wrong with any of them. Don't know if you have the green one available to you, but the Ice Blue and Musk are top notch, with about the only difference being the scent. Odds are though, if she doesn't like OS and Tabac, she's not going to care much for any of the Aqua Velvas.

If you were in the States I would say the Classic Ice Blue. The Ice Sport and the Musk are both good but I would go for the classic for the following reasons:

* The others don't have the same cooling effect that the Classic does, which I like a lot. If you don't want a strong mentholated cooling effect go with something other than Classic.
* The scent fades more quickly (YMMV) and that may be desirable depending on the perference of your significant other.

I'm not sure what you can get down under. Other folks have posted pictures of Aqua Velva product available in their countries that looks very different from what is available in the States. Not sure about differences in scent/performance.

Good luck!

I say go with the Ice Blue. It's got that great cooling that's been mentioned. I'm younger (26), I love the smell, and my girlfriend likes it on me, and she also said the Tabac smelled like an old man.

Thanks fellas,

Looks like it will be the Classic Ice Blue, seems I can't go too far wrong with that choice.

Cheers
John

It looks like you've settled with the Original Ice Blue. Good choice! Not only is it the one and only, but it didn't gain that status by chance. It's that good!

V

VR6ofpain

I love their Classic Ice Blue in the larger (7 oz?) bottle from Wal*Mart ($5). You should also pick up some of the Ice Balm. It helps moisturize after the great cooling feeling of the splash. It comes in a box, with a 3.4oz plastic squeeze bottle inside. Try some, I just picked some up at Longs on sale for $2.39 (grabbed the last 3 on the shelf).

Here is what it looks like:
proxy.php
proxy.php

Given my choice for one only, I have just placed an order for Ice Blue, so time will tell, it will probably be 10-14 days before I see it.

Cheers
John

Johnmw1, are you ordering direct from the US? If so who from. I may get some myself since we can't get it here.

Johnmw1, are you ordering direct from the US? If so who from. I may get some myself since we can't get it here.

Hi,

No, I have a friend who is sending me one only bottle. I had a choice of which ever I wanted but I could only choose one. Something about sending alcohol based items through the postage system. Anyways I had another lot of shave stuff coming so I asked for that to be added to the package.

As we tend to spend so much money on shipping just to get different shave product to us here in Oz, I have someone who receives all of my shave stuff in the U.S. and once in awhile I will have the next package shipped. It's like Christmas every other month, but the down side is I have to send it all to my work, so the wife doesn't get to see too much of whats coming in.

John

Top Bottom