What's new

Post your pictures - Made in France or French Razors (Excluding TI and Le Jaguar)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Time for a new thread.

This thread is about French straight razors. Now, we already did Thiers Issard and Jaguar. So please post your TIs in the TI thread and Jaguars in the Jaguar thread!

This is for those unknown French razors or those stamped Made in France. I even have one that says Paris!

Let's see the pictures! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Pratical - HB520
Like many French razors, this one is only stamped with a code that identify the manufacturer. It was my first straight razor and I still have it today! Great 13/16!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

6/8 - Fontenille - HB873 - Medaille D'Or - 134 - Rasoir Garanti
Before - It says 'Pour Barbes Très Dures - Radium'
attachment.php

After
attachment.php

attachment.php

6/8 - Albert Bellefontaine - Montreal - Made in France - Happy Barber
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

11/16 - J. Fel - 35 Rue Laffitte - Paris - 9e - 29 on the back - French Point
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

6/8 - La Colombe - Sens-Rameau
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Luc

Staff member
Very impressive collection Luc! I might have to start trolling ebay.fr again when I have a bit more free cash.

Luc

Staff member
Very impressive collection Luc! I might have to start trolling ebay.fr again when I have a bit more free cash.

Thanks! Those are fairly difficult to come by if you're not on ebay.fr, your're right. Unfortunately, some sellers might charge you an arm and leg for shipping also... But some are good!

Anyone else have non-TI and non-Puma French straights? Surely, I'm not the only one?

Thanks! Those are fairly difficult to come by if you're not on ebay.fr, your're right. Unfortunately, some sellers might charge you an arm and leg for shipping also... But some are good!

Anyone else have non-TI and non-Puma French straights? Surely, I'm not the only one?

I've got a couple of pre TI Grelot's but those are pretty common so I didn't post them.

After I found that out I figured it would be a pretty good blade even though I have never heard them except for making perfume.

Recently got this at a antique market, it's a "Georget" French razor with interchangeable blades. I couldn't find a whole lot of info on this one but it was successfully honed up by our very own Rick (Wid). Getting ready to take it for a test run this evening. As far as markings on the razor, on one side of the blade itself it has "Bte S.G.D.C." and on the other side it has "Levier Le Touriste" on the tang it has "F. Georget France" and on the tail it has "S.R.D." Would like to learn a little more info on this one if anyone knows any. Onto the pics...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

She is a beaut to say the least. It took a very nice edge too, I should have made ya an offer for it Greg :001_smile

I've got this one coming from ebay .fr

I'll post some better pics when it gets here...

Attachments

• $fontinelle.jpg
    $fontinelle.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 859
Recently got this at a antique market, it's a "Georget" French razor with interchangeable blades. I couldn't find a whole lot of info on this one but it was successfully honed up by our very own Rick (Wid). Getting ready to take it for a test run this evening. As far as markings on the razor, on one side of the blade itself it has "Bte S.G.D.C." and on the other side it has "Levier Le Touriste" on the tang it has "F. Georget France" and on the tail it has "S.R.D." Would like to learn a little more info on this one if anyone knows any. Onto the pics...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I had the pleasure of using this razor, it's a wonderful shaver.

An Argus. Butt ugly scales which I am replacing with bone, but a nice blade that shaves well. Cute little gold wash bison on the blade.

$Argus.jpg

Luc

Staff member
Good stuff Gents! Keep them coming!

Top Bottom