What's new

Donut Thief

This is one of the small towns around us...check this out....

proxy.php

Man facing charges for stealing donut

By TERESA RESSEL

Daily Journal Staff Writer
Sep 26, 2007 - 11:18:38 CDT
FARMINGTON — A Park Hills man hasn’t gotten away with taking a donut.

Scott Masters, 41, of Park Hills, was indicted this month on a charge of second-degree robbery. He is accused of stealing a 52-cent donut from Farmington Country Mart and assaulting one of the employees who tried to stop him.

If convicted, he could be sentenced up to 15 years in prison.

According to the original police report, Farmington police officers were told Masters entered the store and was seen taking a donut. When he tried to walk out without paying, he was approached by employees and asked to stop.

Witnesses said he became aggressive and assaulted a female store worker as he continued to try to leave the store. Officers later found and arrested the man at a residence on A Street.

Teresa Ressel is a reporter for the Daily Journal and can be reached at 573-431-2010, ext. 179 or at [email protected].
Copyright © 2007 Daily Journal Online. All rights reserved.
function printDialogWidget(){ if (window.print) { window.print(); } else { var WebBrowser = '';document.body.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeEnd', WebBrowser);WebBrowser1.ExecWB(6, 2);WebBrowser1.outerHTML = ""; }}if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) > 3) { document.write('');}
http://www.dailyjournalonline.com/articles/2007/09/26/news/doc46fa7e4fc22a6299492617.txt

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Mmmmmm........donuts.

You know, he always had the option of not doing it.

15 years?? I've got a better punishment...

Uugh... I wanted to find the actual clip, but this is the closest I could find
[YOUTUBE]iteB1bOy1Vg[/YOUTUBE]

But you Treehouse of Horror fans will know what I'm getting at ;)

This isn't exactly the first time this erstwhile Homer found himself on the wrong side of the bars:

Masters, who lives in the nearby town of Park Hills, has been arrested more than a dozen times: for being drunk, for shoplifting, for missed court dates, for marijuana possession. He spent most of the 1990s and a stretch from 2000 to 2004 in state prison for the felonies of torching a car to collect insurance and possessing methamphetamine ingredients.

Also, he faces such a stiff penalty not for shoplifting the donut, but for assaulting the woman who tried to stop him.

Top Bottom