What's new

I admit it, I've got a lousy sniffer

There are days when I can't smell my shaving cream or soap. It's really a drag sometimes. Somedays I can smell my GFT Coconut and somedays I can't smell it at all. Somedays I can't even smell Tabac!

With my aftershaves I can only smell them while I'm applying them; after that, nothing. It's very frustrating. Does anyone else have this trouble?

My sense of smell is definitely the weakest of my senses. A lot of soaps I use have very little scent to me, and the after shaves do the same thing to me as to you. I can smell them when I put them on, then I don't smell them much at all after that. (I don't use a lot of a.s. though.)

My wife always smells things in the house that I can't detect at all.
I never let this bother me since there are many bad smells that I don't notice, but I can definitely smell dog poop on my shoe!

You are definitely not alone in having a weak sniffer!

Yeah, mine is bad. I hear people mentioning smelling things around work sometimes. Once people were basically considering leaving it was so strong yet I could still barely tell (think someone spilled one of those chemicals laced with a if-you-can-smell-this warning scent). Though on the other side I can smell my shave soap whenever I walk past the puck, really pleased with it actually.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you with bad sniffers happen to like the smell of Aqua Velva, Pinaud Clubman, or Lilac Vegetal?

Count me in. My poor sense of smell had made me sick before....no kidding. I've been in the middle of eating breakfast only to have my wife walk in the room, stop, and say "something smells like vomit." It was rather funny until in was found to be my (half eaten) breakfast!

Count me in. My poor sense of smell had made me sick before....no kidding. I've been in the middle of eating breakfast only to have my wife walk in the room, stop, and say "something smells like vomit." It was rather funny until in was found to be my (half eaten) breakfast!

This is by far the must disgusting post I have red here on B&B. I'm especially sensitive to the smell of vomit. I always leap from joy when kids get a cold because I just know there will be plenty of vomit in the house. Cleaning a vomit is a very special treat for me.

Otherwise I am totally anosmic to some meals and fragrances.

I have a very keen sense of smell. I can tell when the doughnut shop is frying when I am outside early in the morning and they are 3 blocks away. A few years ago while stopping for gas in Mo. I smelled BBQ. I asked where the Ribs place was. After talking to 4 people I was told it was over a mile away. I can still smell the cologne I used yesterday lingering in the room I applied it in.

Oh and as far as "The Veg". I thought I was going to gag when I first opened it. I used it for over a week before I grew accustomed to it. Now I can pick it up and splash it on right along with all of my other AS. It is still just a strong and pronounced smelling, I have just grown accustomed to it so it no longer makes me want to run and hide.

Smell and taste are very close together. Do you notice you do not have a good sense of taste also? I can eat a meal then recreate it almost exactly from taste memory the next day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom