What's new

Shipping from Carbolic

For anyhone who has ordered from Carbolic (to US) -- how long have you had to wait for your package to arrive? I ordered in late August and ... no MWF yet.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
For anyhone who has ordered from Carbolic (to US) -- how long have you had to wait for your package to arrive? I ordered in late August and ... no MWF yet.

I think I received mine within 10 days or so. Did you try to contact them?

mine took about two weeks, but that was two weeks the second go-round; my first package never showed up. I contacted them, and they re-sent the package with no hassle, and it got there a couple weeks later. If I were you, I'd give them a shout.

Its been a little more than two weeks for me now, and I emailed them the other day. The response said that shipping to the US can take a long time sometimes and that I should wait a bit longer for it to arrive. I took them on their word, and I'm still waiting.

Based on their reputation among the shaving community, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Still, if things go a couple more weeks, I'm going to send them another email.

Second time lucky with the shipment from Carbolic. It was about 20 days to from that point until the arrival of my package.

Based on their reputation among the shaving community, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Still, if things go a couple more weeks, I'm going to send them another email.

So far as I know, their only reputation is that they stock MWF at EU prices, and are willing to ship to the US. Now that some of the US vendors are starting to carry it at prices that are less than ludicrous, I don't think I'll need to order from them.

So far as I know, their only reputation is that they stock MWF at EU prices, and are willing to ship to the US. Now that some of the US vendors are starting to carry it at prices that are less than ludicrous, I don't think I'll need to order from them.

Can you provide a link? I haven't seen anything less expensive than 50+ for the dish (with soap) and about 20 for the refill. (plus shipping) It would be good to find reasonably priced domestic suppliers.

I don't remember what I paid exactly, but it was on the order of 55 including shipping for a dish and refill.

Shavingessentials.net seems to reliably have the refills for about $17. They have the ceramic pot version at $48, listed as "out of stock".

Still, the carbolic guys seem to remain a bit cheaper, but with shipping, we're probably within about $10-$15, and I've seen a number of shipping problems posted. I'm hoping that some US dealer can do something to fix this price nastiness.

Top Bottom