What's new

M7 Manchurian Badger - First Impressions

+1 - Try as I might I simply could not resist the butterscotch Duke 3 - that is a true classic! Does anyone know if you're allowed to sell your house on the BST?

Last edited:
+1 - Try as I might I simply could not resist the butterscotch Duke 3 - that is a true classic! Does anyone know if you're allowed to sell your house on the BST?

I mean, can you blame me? Look at those brushes!

Attachments

• $buttduke3manch.jpg
    $buttduke3manch.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 369
P.S. I've now convinced myself that a Butterscotch Manchurian M 7 is what I really (really!) need. I've put it in the shopping bag at the Simpson's web site, where it costs i89 shocking quid. Does anyone know whether some amount VAT comes off at the last moment if one is ordering, as I would be, from the States? Alas, doesn't look likely.

P.S. I've now convinced myself that a Butterscotch Manchurian M 7 is what I really (really!) need. I've put it in the shopping bag at the Simpson's web site, where it costs i89 shocking quid. Does anyone know whether some amount VAT comes off at the last moment if one is ordering, as I would be, from the States? Alas, doesn't look likely.

Hmm...you joined in January and you're buying a Manchurian already. You really are screwed. Ah well, welcome to the club, you poor bastard.

Hmm...you joined in January and you're buying a Manchurian already. You really are screwed. Ah well, welcome to the club, you poor bastard.

Well, I joined in Jan., more or less simultaneously with my return to DE shaving, after a couple of decades in the wilderness, but I'd been using a brush and proper saving soaps for ages, and moved up to a good if not great badger (replacing a boar) about two years ago. It was a revelation. So it's not quite as bad as it looks, but who am I fooling?

Well, I joined in Jan., more or less simultaneously with my return to DE shaving, after a couple of decades in the wilderness, but I'd been using a brush and proper saving soaps for ages, and moved up to a good if not great badger (replacing a boar) about two years ago. It was a revelation. So it's not quite as bad as it looks, but who am I fooling?

Well then, I think you deserve a coming-in-from-the-cold present on top of a birthday present! That adds up to a Butterscotch Manchurian Duke 3 in my book.

I'll get a photo up later this week of the Tulip 3 Manchurian I just received. I ordered it while on vacation and it was here waiting for me when we arrived home yesterday. Just a beautiful brush. I had a healthy growth to shave this morning and used the brush along with Vulfix Rose cream that was graciously included. The brush reminded me very much of my Plisson HMW brushes. Just the right amount of density to give enough backbone but still enough flexibility. I don't get along well at all with Simpson's two band super badger so I took a bit of a chance in ordering this one. Way too much density for me but this brush is going to work out very well. The Vulfix cream is one I have not used in several years and I was really hoping to get the rose if they happened to throw a sample in. A full tub was a bonus. I just see one small problem. I'm a big knot guy....I see a Chubby 2 coming my way before too much longer

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Okay guys, beautiful brushes. In fact, those Butterscotch Dukes look good enough to eat. Now tell us how well they work and how do they compare to your other brushes? As my momma always told me, "Pretty is, as pretty does". :001_tt2: Oh, and seixi, how do you like the scent and performance of the Persian Musk Shave Cream?

Not only is there no VAT to come off, but your credit card co. will likely add on a "foreign transaction fee" as well. Amex added another $7.98 to my bill for the pleasure. All in all, the price of the brush worked out to ~$305.

Not only is there no VAT to come off, but your credit card co. will likely add on a "foreign transaction fee" as well. Amex added another $7.98 to my bill for the pleasure. All in all, the price of the brush worked out to ~$305.

Yikes! thanks for the warning. One of my pet peeves is the 'foreign transaction fee'; another the whacking charge great whenever you use an ATM card to withdraw money abroad..

I had a foreign transaction fee too but mine was only $1.99. It's not even an issue when you're spending over $200 for a brush anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom