What's new

M7 Manchurian Badger - First Impressions

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Rather than start a new thread, here is my M7. Excuse the label on the GYLE, it doesn't look as grotesque in person.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Ill be honest with you, I haven't used it yet, but on feel alone it doesn't feel much different than the 2 band best that Simpson came out with when vulfix took over. I would have to say that the 2 band best was a tad better than the super at the time.

That makes me feel better, I've really been considering dropping the $350 for the Chubby 2 Manchurian, which is just crazy.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Ive been debating the same for the Emperor 3, only because I like the shape of the badger. I really don't care for the bulb shape of the 2 band Supers. If I could get this shape in a 2 band I would be happy, but I have been told its not possible.

Connie, it sounds like your brush preferences closely mirror mine so let me ask you this, do you have any Thaters or Rooney Heritage 2 Bands to compare either the GYLE or the M7 Manchurian to? Sorry if I have already overlooked this.

Also, the cream, is this the unreleased Simpson's brand or the Vulfix?

Thanks Connie, and I should have started with this but, beautiful brushes, all of them.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Connie, it sounds like your brush preferences closely mirror mine so let me ask you this, do you have any Thaters or Rooney Heritage 2 Bands to compare either the GYLE or the M7 Manchurian to? Sorry if I have already overlooked this.

Also, the cream, is this the unreleased Simpson's brand or the Vulfix?

Thanks Connie, and I should have started with this but, beautiful brushes, all of them.

Thanks!

I don't own any Thaters. I have the Rooney 1XL & 2XL (these are 2 Banded Heritage). The Rooneys XLs have the softest face feel of any brush I own, this includes the GYLE, which is softer than the Manchurian. Due to differences in handles, and knot diameter to loft ratio of these brushes, it too much like apples and oranges make more of a comparison.

The cream is the Vulfix Luxury Sicilian Lime Shaving Cream. The more I've used it, the more I've been impressed with how easily it whips up a mountain of nice slick lather.

I really, really wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. Just ordered one of those #*!@%! brushes!

Thanks, Connie. Thanks a LOT.

Thanks Connie. I asked because I have an Emillion 2 and have been eying one of those 2XL's for some time now.

Well hell... I'm just as stuck as I was before this, if not more so. Yea, more so, because now I have another brush to consider.

I like the handle shape of the M7 but notice that the knot is a bit smaller for some reason with Manchurian Badger than it is with the Silvertip. I like the Tulip 3 but it looks like those are all gone. A Chubby would be sweet but the price really goes up on those. I hardly need another brush but I am tempted. I'm fond of larger knots and am not sure if the 22.5 knot on the M7 Manchurian Badger would be big enough. It might be okay if it gets enough bloom during use.

Top Bottom