What's new

M7 Manchurian Badger - First Impressions

BTW, is anyone else who has tried the Manchurian knot reminded of M&F's blond badger?

I would say no. I sold my blond badger because it was too scritchy for me. My Duke 3 in manchurian really tows the line between being scrubby without going into scritchy territory (if that makes any sense). For me it makes all the difference.

By scrubby, I mean where you feel a nice massage without being uncomfortable (this would be scritchy).

Last edited:
I had my premiere shave with my new Duke 3 manchurian yesterday. I had a butterscotch duke my father brought back from GB for me in the early 80's. I used that brush for 25 years,then ,do to a worsening collar crack,had to retire the brush. This new Duke manchurian is the closest in feel and quality to that old knot that I have found,a very welcome feeling indeed...

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I had my premiere shave with my new Duke 3 manchurian yesterday. I had a butterscotch duke my father brought back from GB for me in the early 80's. I used that brush for 25 years,then ,do to a worsening collar crack,had to retire the brush. This new Duke manchurian is the closest in feel and quality to that old knot that I have found,a very welcome feeling indeed...

Those Butterscotch Dukes are beautiful. May you enjoy this one for at least another 25 years. :thumbup1:

Here is a picture of my Manchurian

proxy.php

I know it's a stock photo, but it will have to suffice till my baby comes in.

I've used my Manchurian Duke 3 for a week straight now. I have to say it's a tremendous brush. Very firm, dense backbone. Great lather release. The mildest scritch that has softened noticeably since the first use. The knot holds its shape beautifully when wet and has just the right amount of flex. As long as it doesn't continue to soften too much (the backbone I mean) this brush is shaping up to be in a league of its own.

After about two weeks of using the Duke and I have to say this brush is just getting better. The backbone is still there, but the tips have softened a bit. The nice scrub is still there but feels even better with the slightly softer tips. I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually thinking about getting another manchurian brush, possibly the Langness or the T3.

After about two weeks of using the Duke and I have to say this brush is just getting better. The backbone is still there, but the tips have softened a bit. The nice scrub is still there but feels even better with the slightly softer tips. I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually thinking about getting another manchurian brush, possibly the Langness or the T3.

+1

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I've used my Manchurian Duke 3 for a week straight now. I have to say it's a tremendous brush. Very firm, dense backbone. Great lather release. The mildest scritch that has softened noticeably since the first use. The knot holds its shape beautifully when wet and has just the right amount of flex. As long as it doesn't continue to soften too much (the backbone I mean) this brush is shaping up to be in a league of its own.

I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying your Dukes. Thanks for adding your thoughts and experiences with your brushes.

I have found the Manchurian Brushes to be like popcorn or potato chips for me. One just wasn't enough.
proxy.php

This little Manchurian Classic 1 just arrived today.
$Classic 1 Manchurian (prebloom).jpg
$Classic 1 Manchurian (prebloom) 2.jpg

That makes four. I think I'm done now. :blushing:

I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying your Dukes. Thanks for adding your thoughts and experiences with your brushes.

I have found the Manchurian Brushes to be like popcorn or potato chips for me. One just wasn't enough.
proxy.php

This little Manchurian Classic 1 just arrived today.
View attachment 233650
View attachment 233651

That makes four. I think I'm done now. :blushing:

So? Follow up please! How is it? Always wondered whether the Classics are lather hogs...

After 2 weeks using my manchurian Rover in butterscotch, I decide to put it on the B/S/T soon ... I was very impressed by this brush in the first uses but finally I prefer my Thäter 2 bands.

How come? What changed?

You know, it's new, it's fantastic, you think it's the better brush of the world because you give a lot of money to get it but when you compare with your other brushes ... IMHO, this brush does not work twice better than my thater or M&F blonde or Rooney but cost twice more.

Sure it's a really good brush but I have same pleasure and same results using my other brushes.

Top Bottom