What's new

Stropping a warped razor?

I just finished honing a razor for a friend at work and noticed the razor is warped. I managed to get honed up. How would you strop a warped razor if it is not flat on the stop? Personally I wouldn't have bought this razor, but he is new to wet shaving.

$IMG_0562.jpg

$IMG_0563.jpg

Last edited:
You strop it as any other razor, it doesn't matter.
A strop isn't flat and hard like a hone, so the leather will hit the edge all along the edge.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
X pattern should do the trick.

Legion

Staff member
And this is just one of the reasons why the X stroke is cool.

Kids, say no to three inch strops.

Hey, hey, hey, nothing wrong with both-3 inch strop and x-stroke, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Legion

Staff member
Hey, hey, hey, nothing wrong with both-3 inch strop and x-stroke, you can have your cake and eat it too.
Yes, that is true. The problem is that too many people don't realise it when their strop is 3" wide. This thread is kind of case in point.

Last edited:
Yes, that is true. The problem is that too many people don't realise it when their strop is 3" wide. This thread is kind of case in point.
That is true.

I have out in my short time with straights there rarely is one way of doing things. One needs to have many tools (actual and figurative) to be able to shave

Thanks guys,

I was just curious if a warped razor would strop the same or as efficient as a flat one. Never stropped a razor that was warped like this one and when I seen the razor wasn't making full contact on the strop I was little concern..

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
On second look the strop may have a crown, which is ok. You just don't want the middle to be lower.

Top Bottom