What's new

Muhle R41 Grande and R41 2011

Guys i i have a question:

Does the Muhle head on the R41 Grande and R41 2011 model are the same? im talking about agressiveness or efectiveness (whatever you call it)

Thanks

The heads are the same. The R41 Grande to me was way too aggressive due to the added heft.
That's interesting. I posted an early review of the R41, and was planning on doing an evaluation of the Grande as well. After three weeks of testing, I can't find any difference between them when it comes to shave performance. I guess I'll keep trying.:confused1

It's surprised me, since the difference between the Merkur HD and 38C were obvious on the first shave.

That's interesting. I posted an early review of the R41, and was planning on doing an evaluation of the Grande as well. After three weeks of testing, I can't find any difference between them when it comes to shave performance. I guess I'll keep trying.:confused1

It's surprised me, since the difference between the Merkur HD and 38C were obvious on the first shave.

The few shaves I had with the Grande gave me irritation. The only thing I can figure is that it was because the handle was heavier.

I was a bit disappointed in the Grande. I liked the little extra length, but the additional diameter made it feel a little chunky. I'm keeping it for now, but prefer the original. My ideal would be about 1cm longer and with a bit of good-grip, diamond pattern on the handle, but no extra girth!

The few shaves I had with the Grande gave me irritation. The only thing I can figure is that it was because the handle was heavier.

For me, the length of the handle makes is less manueverable. That can be a problem, too, if the length makes maintaining the correct angle more difficult.

Last edited:
Anyone wanting to swap my handle from a 2011 R41 (regular) in return for your Grande handle, please feel free to contact me

Last edited:
For me, the length of the handle makes is less manueverable. That can be a problem, too, if the length makes maintaining the correct angle more difficult.

Now that you mention it, that hit the nail on the head. Codfish convinced me to buy an R41 in the first place.

I have used both R41's and I have to agree that the Grande is a bit less maneuverable. I think this is generally true on all razors; a longer, heavier handle generally provides extra control over the amount of pressure used, but a shorter handle generally provides better maneuverability.

None of this helps me decide which one I should get.... :a52:
If you don't have VERY large hands, and don't normally have a known preference for big handles (which I normally do), get the standard R41. After you've mastered it, PM me for the loan of the GRANDE handle.

Hi folks,

I haven't seen a R41 Grande, so I I don't know if the difference is just a longer handle. I don't like the Muehle handle anyway and use a bulldog with the R41 new head. For me it's perfect.
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom