What's new

The B&B LE Pipe '12 Discussion Thread

So who's smoked what so far for their first go in the Tinsky? I'm debating whether to open some FVF I jarred in February or the tin of Silver Flake.
I smoke so little that I only open one package at a time.
For a long time I only HAD one blend at a time, but then I bought the "Strictly English" sampler.

Right now I'm on the "Light English" baggie, so that will be what I smoke for the next month or so until it's gone.

OBTW...

While talking about Mark's work last night with SWMBO, she asked what it would take for me to make one.
I told her that Mark sells kits with stem that are already drilled, only needing shaping and finishing.

I ordered a PK-12, bent Lucite Military stem.
Going to make a Freehand out of it.

Wow.

Mark is REALLY on top of his game.
I ordered the PK12 kit Friday night.
Saturday I got an email indicating that it had shipped.
I figured "Ya, he got a tracking number but it'll go in the mail Monday"

Nope...

My newest Not-Quite-Yet-A-Pipe :biggrin:

$Kit.jpg$kittop.jpg

Already started a thread on it.
Going to be slow going... debating whether to use a bandsaw or do the whole thing by hand.

Okay, I was fine when noone had theirs in yet and I wasn't even bothered not being the first batch, but I've got my tobacco, my scotch, my leather chair and my Wynton Marsalis "Live at the Village Vanguard" box set all set for the next dark and stormy night, which should be here by the weekend! If I don't receive my LE soon, I'm going to find a very tall bridge and commit myself to the icy waters below...Envy is one mean sonofa....

now this one is cracking me up. I felt the same way but then figured that everyone will be wishing they could still christen the pipe for the very first time again and you may be the last to do that while everyone else is just a bit jealous.

Okay, howzabout this for a proposal? Since we can't all christen them together, how about we appoint a date we can all light 'em up? I know Leatherneck is waiting until the first weekend in May to present it to his dad, and everyone hopefully should have it by then (fingers crossed for those north of the border), so how about that Saturday - Cinco de Mayo?

Too late... but I wouldn't be opposed to holding off and doing only half-bowls and making my first full bowl 5/5 :wink:

No, I just mean everyone plans to smoke the LE on the same day. I'm sure the majority of the "first wave" guys (myself included) have already lit 'em up.

I got home last night and my mail box was glowing, as though struck by a thunderbolt. As I opened it I saw a white package and behold! Its here and its fantastic. I shared the news with my girlfriend (who likes pipes and doesn't mind a good aromatic around her) and she reminded me that my first triathlon is in less than a month and I should wait until I've complete it to christen my pipe. :frown: So, while it feels great in the hand, the only draws I will take until races end will be of pure clean air. Hooray. BTW, can anyone reccomend a tobacco that smells of blood, sweat and tears, but tastes like victory?

Okay, howzabout this for a proposal? Since we can't all christen them together, how about we appoint a date we can all light 'em up? I know Leatherneck is waiting until the first weekend in May to present it to his dad, and everyone hopefully should have it by then (fingers crossed for those north of the border), so how about that Saturday - Cinco de Mayo?

Man, what a thoughtful suggestion! Thank-you. IF that is how the christening plays out, you can make a four hour trip south and join us!:thumbup:

I got home last night and my mail box was glowing, as though struck by a thunderbolt. As I opened it I saw a white package and behold! Its here and its fantastic. I shared the news with my girlfriend (who likes pipes and doesn't mind a good aromatic around her) and she reminded me that my first triathlon is in less than a month and I should wait until I've complete it to christen my pipe. :frown: So, while it feels great in the hand, the only draws I will take until races end will be of pure clean air. Hooray. BTW, can anyone reccomend a tobacco that smells of blood, sweat and tears, but tastes like victory?
Grousemoore!

I like this idea, but unfortunately I won't be able to participate. We're leaving for our annual "Cinco de Moab" trip, and there's no way I'm risking the life of that beautiful pipe while out camping. I will think off all you B&B gents that evening though!

Per another members idea I bought a tin of Rattray's Hal O' the Wynd a couple months back and held off opening till pipe arrived. Thoroughly enjoyed the christening with this exquisite blend.

Top Bottom