What's new

Lapping Film

This was my first hone. As part of an experiment I took a e-bay special which was in good shape (but very dull) and got shave worthy off of lapping film. I set the bevel on 9 micron (1800 grit) and progressed through 5/3/1/0.3. I stropped on Larry's 0.1 Iron Ox balsa, then to linen & leather. I'm still striving for good shaving technique so I tested on the right side of my face (WTG & XTG). This was because I'm the bomb diggity at shaving that piece of skin. To bad my technique is still lagging everywhere else. It was very clean and smooth cutting. The whole point of this experiment was to put together a travel kit for emergency hones while on the road. Thanks Seraphim for the great posts that lead me down this path.

I'm new to straights and honing. Lapping film has been my intro to honing as well. I'm into it! Congrats!

I'm new to straights and honing. Lapping film has been my intro to honing as well. I'm into it! Congrats!

It's amazing how easy it was. I just finished my second razor tonight on the same sheets cut out from last night. It was another e-bay special and it honed up quickly. I may aquire a few more stones but lapping film will have a place in my kit. I just need to finalize a base for it.

Top Bottom