What's new

Revisor Straights?

Isn't that the worst feeling? "Damn why did I go to work today when I could have been at home with my new razor!!!?"

:lol::lol: It really is lol!! Glad I am not the only one! To think I could be shaving with one right now!

Nice thing is; I know where they are, and how to get them lol.

Beware your purchases from Revisor and if you hone your own blade they will also void your warranty as quoted in an email to me this morning:Thank you very much for the informations on Badger & Blade.With year self-honing you lost the claim under guarantee.
Terms/conditions of Revisor GmbH Solingen: http://revisor-solingen.de/html/agb.html

I have a $250 Gold Dollar razor.

Last edited:
"Changes made by the purchasor to the goods voids the warranty".

That sucks.
Did you explain that it is a manufacturing defect? The blade is warped and whether you honed it or not doesn't change the fact that it's warped.
Maybe tell him you'll return it for him to examine and confirm it. I've never dealt with Revisor, but I've read that others who have had problems have been treated fairly.

I was ent a reply to send them the blade and they would look at it. There is not much there to look at and the tone of his email was implying that not much would be done. There was no apologies and please return for an exchange or ever anything close to that. If you wish to buy a blade form them and it is not shave ready you can pay shipping and send it back to Germany or hone it yourself and discover it is warped and you are stuck with it.

Last edited:
I have nothing against Germans. My wife is German. However I am generalizing that they are pretty blunt and not the most touchy-feely when it comes to communication, especially in a foreign language. They are also assertive so you have to prove to them that they are at fault. That being said, they are usually fair and will admit and correct a mistake.
I'd still send it to him. If you had to spend 6 hours honing it, the warp must be noticeable.

that pretty much blows... not an ideal situation... hope it works out some how...

i think that sours my take on revisor's a bit... i've had my eye on a french point razor anyways

proxy.php
well that really chaps my ***, sorry to hear it

I am having a hard time tracking here! Has something from this thread been removed??

2short-what's going on!!!

Top Bottom