What's new

Gillette Techmatic adjustable razor. Question.

Hi gents. Had a lady save some razors for me from a sale. Do they make blades for this? Love to see how it shaves. Thank you for the read & assistance.

Attachments

• $Techmatic.jpg
    $Techmatic.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
You can find them on ebay. Schick also made a Schick Instamatic razor with the similar design. My loving wife got me one thinking it was an antique. It stands proudly in my den but I haven't tried it. I also have a Techmatic in a package but haven't decided what to do with it.

You can find them on ebay. Schick also made a Schick Instamatic razor with the similar design. My loving wife got me one thinking it was an antique. It stands proudly in my den but I haven't tried it. I also have a Techmatic in a package but haven't decided what to do with it. Other shavers have been ambivalent about it's shave. I'm no rush to find out and I'm happy with my current razors.

I ended up with one off eBay that was basically a throw-in addition to a Schick Krona. For as underrated and under-the-radar as Kronas seem to be in terms of quality, I've also read the Techmatics are a model that Gillette wishes they could "un-invent".

I'd like to see one disassembled to see how it worked!

This the antique store lady who said she had a lot of old razors? Did you score anything else?

Despite all the bad reports on how these band razors shave, my experience has shown that they are capable of good close shaves. I never sliced myself up with one as I have heard others report. After a few tries it's easy to get the correct angle. The design of the head makes it very easy to shave around the nostrils. All in all my take is that they just didn't catch on due to bad timing or poor marketing. Functionally they are really pretty darn good.

I'd like to see one disassembled to see how it worked!

DISASSEMBLY OF CARTRIDGE NOT RECOMMENDED!!

Coiled steel spring, sharp on one side. Kersproing . . . Ouch!!!

Techmatic was a neat idea . . . too bad the shave was horrible. I tried one "back in the day" . . . there is a reason why there was no aftermarket for this one!

It was Gillette's attempt at eliminating the need to handle a blade with the fingers. Trac II was a much better idea, and actually worked!

Top Bottom